Couple questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Couple questions Couple questions

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Couple questions

I had a RAHL on 8/3. Yesterday when I would urinate and when I would wipe I would see a brown color on the toliet paper...and then this morning there was some in my underware. Is this something I should be contacting my doctor about? It was also there today when I would go to the bathroom.

2ndly I got a letter today from the hosptial in regards to my blood typing. It states that there was a detected antibody in my blood. It's Anti-E. It says that this is a normal response formed in the blood to a foreign proteitn. Antibody formation may occur as a result of transfusion (never had one), pregnancy (I wasn't) or a substance found in nature. Have you ever heard of this?? Is it something to worry about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Re: Couple questions

Not sure about the blood anti-body thing, but I just started spotting a couple of days ago and was told it was normal while recovering. I also had a RAHL (everything gone) on 8/10. Mine was like a pinkish-brown but then it stopped. I know I was freaked out when I saw it...but definitely call your doc if you have any questions. Good luck to you!

ETA: If you start soaking a pad with bright red blood in an hour, you should go to your local ER. I am sorry I forgot to add this.
Unread 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM

Hi Amanda,
I don't know anything about the antibody, but you can always call and ask the triage nurse at your hospital or clinic.
As for the discharge, I have been having a lot of problems in that area too. Did you experience anything prior to now, or was this the first?? I have not stopped bleeding, and I am 5 wks post-op. I went in last Thursday and they used silver nitrate to cauterize my internal stitches, he said that they were coming apart and not healing correctly. The weird thing is that he told me to take it easy for at least 4 months, but he also said I could start lifting my 30# son because he said I've probably already stretched everything anyways!?!? Why would I lift my son if my stitches are coming apart? Does my doctor know what he's talking about?? Well, after that I had black/grey discharge but on Sunday the red/pink bloody discharge started again! I called my doctor but he's out of town for 2 weeks and I don't know what to do. Ever since the last appointment I've been experiencing a lot more pain in my lower abdomen and pelvic area.
My surgery has been a horrible experience. It started the day after surgery when I was in agonizing pain and my blood count was dropping, by the next day I had to go back in to emergency surgery (which lasted 3 hours) because he had nicked a vein which was oozing and then I had 2 blood transfusions! I am only 29 and I am a single mom of 3 kids. If you or anyone has any suggestions for me I could really use them.
Amanda - if you are experiencing some new symptoms it might help to just call your doctor and leave a message asking your concerns.
I hope you get your answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM

Yeah this is something that just started -- when I had my 1 week follow up he told me to start to slowly increase my activities. I hope it isn't something to do with my stitches.. UGH. Guess Ill call my dr in half hour (gotta love that they close for lunch)
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:00 PM

I don't think you should be lifting your child yet. I was not allowed to lift anything up to a gallon of milk for 4 weeks & then that got extended to 6 weeks. I didn't have any problems but did take it very easy.
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:20 PM

I had that same spotting at about the same time in my recovery. It lasted 3-4 days and stopped. At about 3-4 weeks, I started to have intermittent light spotting and that lasted until this last week. My dr. said it was completely normal. If it gets heavy, you should definitely call your dr.
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM

do you have o neg blood
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM

loislane123,
If you're asking me - Yes, I have o neg blood. Why??
Emily
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:00 PM

Thank you, I agree! I don't know why my doctor would have told me that, that's why I'm a little hesitant in going back to him. The other question I had is, my doctor required me to have a 2 wk post op appointment, but that was it. When I went in last week that was because I was still bleeding and I made the appointment. He didn't say anything about a six or eight week appointment and actually he didn't ask for anymore follow-ups. He just said if I have questions or concerns to call.
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM

I have O neg blood and I know that after every child I had I had to have a shot something about antibodies building up. My doctor didn't say anything about it when I had my tah but I think I need to ask about it and I think you should to because I remember someone saying something about if you ever need blood it makes a difference. Please let me know if you find out about it. I will ask when I go back on the 11th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register