One week post hysterectomy ...itchy, itchy, itchy!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post hysterectomy ...itchy, itchy, itchy!!! One week post hysterectomy ...itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

Unread 10-11-2016, 06:52 AM
One week post hysterectomy ...itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

This is driving me NUTS!!!
I am so itchy!!! All over my belly, inside my belly button, (I have an incision there and it's pure torture not being able to scratch, LOL!), on my thighs, and even inside my vagina feels itchy.
It began to itch a little on Sunday, by Monday, it was SO intense! It's not just the incisions that itch, it's my entire belly, from right under my breasts to where my old C-Section scar is.
Does anyone else have this itching??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Re: One week post-op...itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

Hi there! I had a delayed itchiness related to the adhesive on those monitoring pads, as well as the iodine/betadyne wash used for surgery. For some reason it started showing up after my first shower. It started around my ribs, was on my inner thighs, under my chest and by my butt region. Bright red rash that was very uncomfortable. I used hydrocortisone cream on it, as well as that benedryll itch spray. It took a little time, but it did eventually go away. If it doesn't seem to be going away, maybe call your doc to see if you can take benedryll to help with the itchiness.

Hang in there!
Unread 10-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Re: One week post-op...itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

I can't take Benadryl because it interferes with the Tamoxifen that I take. (I'm a breast cancer survivor and have to take Tamoxifen daily to help prevent a recurrence.)
Oh well. I'll just have to ride it out. LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYankee View Post
This is driving me NUTS!!!
I am so itchy!!! All over my belly, inside my belly button, (I have an incision there and it's pure torture not being able to scratch, LOL!), on my thighs, and even inside my vagina feels itchy.
It began to itch a little on Sunday, by Monday, it was SO intense! It's not just the incisions that itch, it's my entire belly, from right under my breasts to where my old C-Section scar is.
Does anyone else have this itching??
Hi Tx, i woke up early this morning with an itchy and red raised rash!! It's under both breasts and on my ribs. Doesn't go around to my back or down to my incision but sure is aggravating and itchy!!! I itched all over in the hospital but had no rash, figured it was from either anesthesia or pain pump meds or percocet. Didn't have itchiness after leaving hospital until today. I have been off percocet since monday, took only rx ibuprofen yesterday and nothing at all today. I'm putting benadryl gel on the rash. Hope this goes away. Hope you find some relief soon too!
Unread 10-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Re: One week post hysterectomy ...itchy, itchy, itchy!!!

Can you use cortisone creams or take Claritin or other allergy meds?

I have an Rx topical cortisone cream for my eczema - if OTC hydrocortisone doesn't help, ask your doc if you can get a prescription cream.

That would drive me crazy!
Unread 10-12-2016, 06:57 PM

Do you still have steristrips over your incisions?? The adhesive on them makes a lot of people very itchy! I'm a week out tomorrow and I'm itching like crazy around my incisions!
Unread 10-12-2016, 07:41 PM

Hi there. I had total lavh 2 weeks ago today. My hands where IV were placed, forearms, upper thighs and belly/pubic area are insanely itchy. I had a yeast patch under my belly fat when I went in the hospital and it's spread and incredibly itchy. My doc said it could be from the Norco, although I haven't taken that since I came home. I was given yeast infection meds, some weird fabric to put on the belly rash, nystatin cream and powder and h cortisone cream. Nothing has helped so I am now slathering myself in coconut oil. It's got anti fungal properties so, fingers crossed, it will help. This itching is a nightmare!
Best of luck to you all.
Unread 10-12-2016, 11:16 PM

I just started iching today..around my insicion sites, belly button I used cocoa butter and it's helping a tad.
Unread 10-12-2016, 11:41 PM

Many people are sensative to latex & the surgical tape. I did get a rash from the surgicsl tape. It was all over my abdomin & back. The nurse in the hospital said I can have benedryl but I dont like Benedryl bc it knocks me out. When I got home, I applied Benedryl topical. It went away in a few days. Hydrocortisone 1% works. Need to be careful of yeast infections even on the skin post op. Dry off throughly after shower by using a blow dryer or fan. If the incisions are moist from discharge or sweat, then yeast may grow. I liked to wear an abdominal pad or reg pad over incision to wick moisture & prevent rubbing on clothes. Call the Dr if youre on meds to see what you can take for the itch. Maybe calmine lotion?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register