I can't believe it's over...I did it!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I can't believe it's over...I did it!!! I can't believe it's over...I did it!!!

Unread 02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I can't believe it's over...I did it!!!

I can't believe I'm home already, recovering. I had my hysterectomy on Thursday! I gotta tell you, I almost backed out from anxiety. My surgery time was at 1:30 in the afternoon and I didn't get in there until after 3:00 and didn't get to my room until 9:45 that evening...there was a shortage of beds!

It was worth the wait. I actually had a really nice hospital stay. Wonderful nurses, a beautiful room. I even wanted to stay throughout today and come home tomorrow but they said my insurance wouldn't cover it. I had a problem urinating after they removed my catheter. So, after waiting another 3 hours and trying desperately to empty my full bladder, they administered another foley and sent me home with it (kind of bummed about that...don't want to really deal with it).

I went in for suspected adenomyosis because of severe pelvic pain. It turns out on top of the adeno, I had endometriosis everywhere and my uterus was stuck to my bladder and my left ovary ended up being removed because of endo cysts and severe endometriosis (they showed me the pictures...yuck!)

I went into that surgery second guessing my feelings, and pain, wondering if I was doing the right thing....turns out I did the right thing!

Well, I'm on my way to hopefully a good recovery. The gas is bothering me now, so I'm going to go take some meds and take a nap (although I'm not really tired). Maybe the severe tiredness will kick in tomorrow? I could still be in shock

Thanks for all of your 'pre-op' support! I couldn't have gone through this without it!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Congratulations, Melissa!!
I know that the pre-surgery jitters are definitely the worst part! It is very exhilarating to have it behind you, I know!
Here's to a speedy recovery!!
Unread 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM

I don't know what type of surgery you had, Melissa, but it's awful they made you wait so long for a room and then booted you out as soon as possible with a foley! I hope you continue on feeling well and recover w/out any further problems.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2009, 04:38 PM

You did it! You sound great! Hopefully you will get that old catheter out soon and be on your way to healing.

Take lots of naps and enjoy being waited on. You deserve it.
Unread 02-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Thank you all! I feel okay (energy-wise). I did wake up in the middle of the night with a nosebleed (not sure what that's about...I don't get nosebleeds). I'm now anxiously awaiting Monday morning to get the foley out...not enjoying that at all. Other than that, I can't complain.

Thanks!
Unread 02-14-2009, 08:30 AM
You should be proud of yourself! It sounds as if you have gone through an awful lot!

You should be proud of yourself. It sounds as if you went through a horrible process. I hope you are being taken care of at home.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by issconfused
I can't believe I'm home already, recovering. I had my hysterectomy on Thursday! I gotta tell you, I almost backed out from anxiety. My surgery time was at 1:30 in the afternoon and I didn't get in there until after 3:00 and didn't get to my room until 9:45 that evening...there was a shortage of beds!

It was worth the wait. I actually had a really nice hospital stay. Wonderful nurses, a beautiful room. I even wanted to stay throughout today and come home tomorrow but they said my insurance wouldn't cover it. I had a problem urinating after they removed my catheter. So, after waiting another 3 hours and trying desperately to empty my full bladder, they administered another foley and sent me home with it (kind of bummed about that...don't want to really deal with it).

I went in for suspected adenomyosis because of severe pelvic pain. It turns out on top of the adeno, I had endometriosis everywhere and my uterus was stuck to my bladder and my left ovary ended up being removed because of endo cysts and severe endometriosis (they showed me the pictures...yuck!)

I went into that surgery second guessing my feelings, and pain, wondering if I was doing the right thing....turns out I did the right thing!

Well, I'm on my way to hopefully a good recovery. The gas is bothering me now, so I'm going to go take some meds and take a nap (although I'm not really tired). Maybe the severe tiredness will kick in tomorrow? I could still be in shock

Thanks for all of your 'pre-op' support! I couldn't have gone through this without it!

Melissa
Unread 02-16-2009, 04:48 PM

Congratulations Melissa. Take very good care of yourself and be patient. Mint tea helped me so much with the gas and I am prone to not being able to pee with codene based pain meds. Once I switched to Darvocet I didn't have any problems. I realize this may not be the same for you but just thought I would share that in case. Enjoy being foley free! God's speed in your recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register