need advice and thoughts - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need advice and thoughts need advice and thoughts

Unread 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Re: need advice and thoughts

Well jkkline im so sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I have suffered just like you for several years. Doctors were always telling me its normal, it will pass, and deal with it. I got to where i would be in the fetal position for the first 2 to 3 days of my cycle. Then i had my second child with tubal as well thought hey this might help. I recently had my hysterectomy on september 14,2010 due to the fact i had a very low blood count, fibroid tumors, endometriosis, and a mass. Also due to the fact i was bleeding for 3 months at a time and in extreme pain. My family tried to sway the decision but my dr pulled me aside and said "what do you want" this is your body and only you know how you are feeling". I am 2 weeks post op and i have good days and bad days. But do not regret my decision. I know in the future i will have energy to play with my kids and will not have to suffer for months at a time. As for the sex part well i havent had it as im still healing. But im sure you and your husband will resume and all will be the same. So i will leave you with this: It is ultimately your decision, you need to do what will benefit you and your health and do not worry about what others will say. I will quote my dr "only you know how you feel". Good luck with whatever venue you choose and i wish you a speedy recovery..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
I hear you, I am in about the same position. Family and friends have their own thoughts and suggestions. I am not sure. The hyster seems so final, even though life sucks for a long period of time per month, should you deal with or have the surgery. I was given a choice of an ablation too. I haven.t heard/read and good things about it. So I am not sure what to do. Is it unecessary to have the surgery, deal with it as tests came back okay. Questions, decisions, my head is spinning and not knowing what to do?
I do like the idea of no more pain, headaches, backaches, taking medication (pain pills) feeling self-conscious, spending lots of money on needed items. I seems as thought here is more positives to getting it done.
Where is your head at? Mine is spinning.
clubhouse I am with you with my head spinning....cant seem to function right now...although I called my Dr. and we had a lengthy conversation on the phone today....and she said that given my options the Vag Hyster would be the best..I dont want anything to do with taking hormones to mess up what I produce naturally (been there done that it was hellish) she said she doent think the Ablation will work for me ( so my thoughts why try)..my concerns lie with what happens afterwards..I am a what if person and that gets in the way of decision making for me a lot of the time...we talked that over today and she assured me if it came to that we would deal as it came but being that my ovaries are healthy I should have no problems...my other concern is sex..I have a very active and fantastic sex life with my husband of 15yrs..she said I shouldnt really notice a change..if I dont have sexual disfunction now I probably wont afterwards..I think I am going to go ahead with the Surgery but I need to talk to my Hubby first..but I already have the date penciled in and the appointment scheduled at the Drs. for preop..the nurse said if I change my mind I can cancel...I did how ever with talking to the Dr , ask her if she thought I was doing the right thing being that all tests are negative..she said she felt it was the best optionfor me..I have a flurry of emotions...scared , elated,, the "what if's and so on..I think of it this way at least I can sit and be scared out of my mind pondering over whats the best way as opposed to being told Mrs. Kline you have cancer we have to operate immediately and start chemo I work in the Local Hospital and I have been there when pts are delivered this news-never good....my head is swimming like yours but with this wonderful site we all can support each other...good luck with your decision.....I will keep you in prayer

joyce
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:06 AM

I hear ya and wish you peace of mind. I am currently facing a hysterectomy myself or a UAE and don't know what to do. I am 36 years old and know I don't want any more children so at first I thought a hysterectomy would be appropriate. But then I do research and start to second guess whether a hysterectomy is necessary or go the less invasive route first. I'd love to be done with all my female problems but I'm not sure I am ready to deal with any long term complications. My head is spinning from all the information but I havent really been able to talk with other women my age that are going through the same thing. This seems to be the right place though...so far I am very comfortable hear and have been well informed. My thoughts are with you...
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM

I am 3 days post LSH and I'm glad I opted for this procedure. I kept my ovaries, cervix and tubes.

I had irregular periods that lasted as long as 16 days and occurred every two weeks or so. The first week I had horrendous cramps with dark brown discharge which was old blood that lasted 5 to 6 days, then my real period would begin with cramping all over again with heavy bleeding. I was constantly exhausted and my best friend became my heating pad! My sex life became non-existent and the longer this went on, the more frustrated I became. I was unable to take birth control.

I was given the option of IUD, Ablation or Hysterectomy. Personally for me, I wanted to be DONE with it so opting for a hysterectomy felt like the right decision. I had my doubts, fears and a mental breakdown the the week before, but deep down I knew this was what I wanted. I think I read too much and worried way too much and took everyone's advice to heart.

All I can say is you can talk to everyone under the sun, but this is your body your well being and your decision. Do what is right for YOU as you are the one living with your symptoms each and every day. Look to yourself for your answers. I hope this helps and best of luck to you! I'm 36 and do not have children by choice and have experienced a hot flash or sadness or anything of the sort. I did have a sex dream yesterday afternoon, so I cannot wait til I am released as I told hubby to rest up!!

I will admit every time I go to the bathroom I silently do the snoopy dance in my mind as there is NO BLOOD! I went into surgery with my period and came out with NOTHING - oh that was nice!
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:49 AM

There is a thread here that I think might be of interest "symptoms before diagnosis" or something like that,,,I will post on it again to get it to the front here. I think my post in particular you will find to be very similar to what you have been describing. Keep searching on here and I hope it eases your mind. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register