very nervous- surgery in 5 days | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

very nervous- surgery in 5 days very nervous- surgery in 5 days

Unread 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM
very nervous- surgery in 5 days

I have a vaginal hysterectomy coming up Dec 2. It's pretty scary knowing that I won't find out if they were able to do the surgery vaginally or will have to make the incision. Since I have had a C-Section I was told there is a possibility that there is too much scar tissue. On a completely silly thought, are you supposed to have sex before surgery? Is there a time limit or anything? I know it's none for about 6 weeks after, but not sure about before. Anyway, hope to bond with some people on this issue, have been through it or are in the same boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Re: very nervous- surgery in 5 days

I am right there with you on the nerves. I am trying not to think too much about it. My surgery is in 9 days, so I quit smoking yesterday.
That is taking up some of my thoughts, and then I go back to thinking about the surgery.

I don't know what to say about the sex before surgery. Did the doctor say anything on your pre-op instructions?

Take care of yourself and try to relax. I know that is easier said than done. I am drinking hot tea, then cold tea and trying different flavors.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from the store on this site last night. I hope it will be here on time. Did you get anything special for yourself to wear for support?

take care,
evie
Unread 11-29-2010, 04:42 AM

Best wishes.

I was told that it was ok to be "intimate" with my hubby the night before surgery. But, if you're unsure, call your dr and ask

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM

Hi Ladies...I already had my surgery, I had an abdominal inscision, had my uterus and cervix removed. Speaking from the other side of the fence let me offer you some comfort.

I had sex up until the day of surgery. I was not having a vaginal....if I had been, I would have stopped about 3 days prior. I'd call your doctor's office and ask.

It is true you are not supposed to have sex until you are cleared, on average, on your week 4 post op appointment. I'm approaching week 2 on wednesday, and I believe my surgical stitches from where my cervix used to be, is beginning to dissolve. I have some irritation, itching, and discharge. So that's a new thing I had not been prepared for...but we're gonna get through it.

Good for you that you were able to quit smoking! I smoked my last cigarette the morning of surgery, and haven't' had one since. I'm glad I did quit because the coughing or sneezing would have been a nightmare during recovery.

I was in the same ball of nerves you gals were in a few weeks ago. It was quite a ride. Make sure you communicate with the nurses every moment after your surgery if your pain is not controlled. You'll be able to relax and sleep once your pain is taken care of and the days begin to slip by. Before you know it, it's day 10 and you're climbing stairs.
Unread 11-29-2010, 09:12 AM

Thank you guys for your input! I also smoke, but I don't think I could handle quitting right now! I am so glad I found this site, it helps a lot. No one really "gets it" why I am so stressed out and nervous. I just keep hearing "you will be fine". Well, of course I will! I had a C-Section and had a newborn to take care of with absolutely no help! But that doesn't mean that this should be passed off as being silly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register