August 30th Surgery - now I am sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

August 30th Surgery - now I am sick August 30th Surgery - now I am sick

Unread 08-18-2004, 07:35 AM
August 30th Surgery - now I am sick

my sugery is scheduled for August 30th and now I find that I am coming down with a cold. My throat is sore and I am a little stuffy. I have not had a cold in 2 years. I am sure it is because I am so stressed out about having my surgery. I can't think of anything else.

I still have 12 days to go...I hope this goes away. Did anyone else out there get sick?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2004, 07:37 AM

Call your dr. and let them know about it. You still have 12 days to get over it, you'll be fine. I had an earache 2 days before surgery, took some amoxicillin (asked Dr. first) and I was fine.
Unread 08-18-2004, 07:50 AM

Please do call your dr about it. You need to be as healthy as possible surgery. Some drs postpone surgery if there's another health issue going on so calling soon might be a good idea.
Best wishes, I'll keep you in my that all works out well for you.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2004, 08:46 AM

hi sadie'

i had a tah on 8/5 and the week before came down with a terriblecold/sore throat/cough. really wierd sine i han't had a cold in 2 years!! i just used OTC stuff-cough syrup, tylenol cold caps and it ran its course. was fine for surgery-i think it was at least partly do to nerves.
good luck. i'll be thinking happy princess thoughts about you. stay in touch
wheatie 0211
Unread 08-18-2004, 08:59 AM

my big day at the castle is tomorrow-TAH!!! 8/19!!! I also came down with a cold almost 2 weeks ago. I got myself to the drs right away and he put me on amoxicilan right away just in case! I had my preop visit and they took chest xrays to be safe. I still have some drainage and cough when laying down from my sinus but other than that ok! They are still going on with surgery!!
Please say a prayer for me!
Thanks
Unread 08-18-2004, 09:25 AM

Thanks for your responses. Shoeprincess - good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I can't wait to go. Just want all the planning, etc. over with.

I bought some tylenol cold medicine last night and was out like a light with 30 minutes of taking it. Maybe I just need some rest.
Unread 08-18-2004, 11:05 AM

My surgery is in 5 days. Had my pre-op with doctor yesterday and had to have her look at a sore on the outside in groin area. Lo and behold I have a yeast infection on the outside. Was so scared it would postpone the surgery, but everything is a go. Just have to apply some cream twice a day. How embarrasing though thought it was something much worse.
Unread 08-18-2004, 10:35 PM
My surgery is August 30th

Hi I just wanted to say Hi!!. My surgery is August 30th also. Are your nerves starting to driver you nuts or what.
I actually decided yesterday to get the hysterectomy and called the DR yesterday and I was in tears off and on all day. Funny but they called me with the sugery date this morning and I almost releived that I have a date and anxious to get it done and move on with my life.

I am 37 years old, which I thought was way to young but seems alot of women get it done around this age. I have to get a hysterectomy due to heavy bleeding, clots and constant problems with ovarien cysts. I was given an option of going on BC and watch or get hyst. I decided on hyst due to the numerous breast and ovarian cancer in my family.

Sorry to hear that you are sick. I never thought of that. I should take some extra C to avoid getting sick also. Hope you start feeling better. Good luck on the 30th. Hope all goes well. My surgery is scheduled for 12:00.

See Ya
Take Care
Lisa
Unread 08-19-2004, 03:54 AM

I'm also scheduled for Aug. 30th- wait....12 DAYS?? did you say DAYS? omggg I hadn't thought about that!! Here's is something that I have noticed though, I have been "nesting" like I did before having the kids. Is this normal, or is it just ME I'm going to be having a TAH (keeping ovaries) with hernia repairs done at the same time, when it's all healed up, I'm getting a ZIPPER TATTOO on the scar
Unread 08-19-2004, 07:01 AM

CALL your DOCTOR!!!!!

I was scheduled for surgery June 24 came down with a cold and my surgery HAD to be RESCHEDULED!

I was devasted, everything was planned, my husband had time off, people were coming to take care of the house and kids it was terrible. My surgery was then done on July 6th only cause I pushed they were looking at the end of July and I just could not wait that long but I had 2 surgeons to schedule!

Thank goodness it was rescheduled, as it turned out I got a lung infection after my July 6th date that would have really been a problem if my orginal date went thru.

Good Luck, take your time healing, you only have one chance to do it right.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register