Going insane waiting - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going insane waiting Going insane waiting

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Going insane waiting

tired piglet,

Please check into going on family medical leave - they are required to have a position (may not be the same one) for you when you return. All states also have a state disability/medical leave department. Please check it out to save yourself some stress and anxiety!!

I know that I am taking PTO time for the first 2 weeks then will go on disability if necessary. that way I still have several weeks of PTO left for the vacation my DH said he's taking me on to celebrate my freedom from Kotex!!

As for work stories...friday my boss and 6 other people took me out and celebrated my uterus's last days and raised a wine glass (or two or three) to my ovaries and wished them the best. As for my cervix..we ate cheese..I plan on keeping that one!! I told my boss he has to get me a $200 teddy bear and flowers cause he wuvs me! Yeah, we'll see. I better be booking some major loans by quarter end! (I am a commercial loan officer for a bank)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Going insane waiting

Dear Tiredpiglet, I sure know how hard it is to wait. My hyst was scheduled in March for June 20th. That was my choice;worked best with my kids. Feels like I have been waiting forever! And now I'm down to 8 days. Getting scared now, but everything will be fine. I'm the only woman at my work, there are 12 guys. I was terrified to ask my boss about the time off, but he surprised me. And no replacement either. You are entitled to your job when you return. Good luck!
Unread 06-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Going insane waiting

tired piglet, I can completely relate. I may not have a job either when I am recovered, but mine is a completely different situation.

Your boss cannot fire you for medical reasons - no matter what size company you work for. Of course they can always come up with something else to make it look justified.

I think it could be good if he finds someone to replace you while you are out (hopefully a temporary person!) that way you won't be completely overwhelmed by the work that piled up while you were recovering.

In any case, hang in there.

Remember, jobs come and go but Aunt Flo will be gone forever!

Saying my prayers!
Paula

PS - Count me in on the cyberspanking!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register