bladder pain when emptying | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

bladder pain when emptying bladder pain when emptying

Unread 06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
bladder pain when emptying

i'm sure this has probably been addressed elsewhere, but after going through a few pages, and seeing that there were over 4,000 pages (!), i decided to just start a new one. Anyway, my bladder pain from after the surgery is gone. it used to hurt constantly. now, the only time it hurts is when i pee. its like when i go, the emptier it gets, the more it hurts! finally, when i'm done peeing, my bladder hurts!! then it stops hurting when i stand up. anyone else have this happen? if so, do you know the reasoning? when does it stop?? i guess i should just be thankful that it doesn't hurt constantly like it did, but it's weird that it hurts when i'm emptying it. seems like it would hurt more when its full...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2007, 08:07 PM

I had the same thing for a few days, deep ache when just emptied. Same as bowels, ache when emptied. Didn't hurt to go just afterward for both. Anyway it has stopped now, hope yours will too. They may not like being moved around, they need to find a new space without the uterus in there, maybe just reorganising themselves in there.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:15 PM

I am now 8 weeks post op and had the same feelings as you.........I was REALLY worried but assured by DR that this was normal feelings as the bladder along with intestines are shifted and moved during this surgery and they become UNHAPPY.
I "DID" though also have a bladder/uti infection which only showed up with a urinalysis.....and a screen & Culture so you may want to insist on one of those also.

It does get better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2007, 08:30 PM

gigi, I've experience the very same thing. My two week post-op appt. is tomorrow and that is one of the questions I have for my Dr. I have no problem going...just as bladder is emptying there's like a pinch pain. Like you, it goes away by the time I'm standing. I also get the full bladder feeling a little lower than before, I wonder if it's next to the vag cuff? I'll see what Dr. says tomorrow.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM

thanks for the replies! boxerowned, let me know what your DR says! thanks!!
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:09 PM

My bladder hurts in the night from being full and I wake up and barely make it to the bathroom. My dr reassured me this was from all the things moving around after surgery and that this would eventually go away. It is getting better and I am in week 3 of recovery.
Unread 06-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Bladder pain

I have the same problem. I wake up with pain in my bladder and just barely make it there. Then there's a pinching pain when I'm done. It's been 4 weeks since my TAH.
Unread 06-25-2007, 06:22 AM

I have the same problem also,2 months today since my TAH.Dr said I had a mild bladder infection and gave me antibiotic for 5 days and said if anything else happens to let him know.I also think it has to do with the surgery itself since I dont have the urgency to go like a tract infection.
Unread 06-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Gigi, I have the same exact thing going on. I almost dread sitting on the potty to pee. It's weird too, my sensation to pee isn't as strong as it used to be. Now, I just feel a little pressure and figure I better try to go (noticing that I'm peeing a lot less frequently than before the surgery) My family and friends hated outings w/me b/c I was constantly needing a pit stop. I notice too, that I have to strain a little to force the flow of urnine out....maybe that's some of my pain. Like you, it's better when I stand and getting better little by little.
Unread 06-25-2007, 10:27 AM

j4e2, that sounds just like me!! my SO and i are taking a trip to baltimore to the jackfest in mid july...he's looking forward to a road trip where we don't have to stop every 20-30 minutes! lol...me too!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register