Anyone else have increased pain week 3? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else have increased pain week 3? Anyone else have increased pain week 3?

Unread 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Anyone else have increased pain week 3?

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago this coming Tuesday, and the past few days my pain has been higher again. I think it might be more pain than I've had so far. I've been taking it easy and since the pain started getting worse Friday, I stayed in bed since then hoping it would help it. It is normal to get more/different pains as time goes on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Re: Anyone else have increased pain week 3?

You will find many of us will say that week 3 is worse than week 1!!
I certainly thought so, and was puzzled.

I don't know the answer, but maybe it is a good thing - to do with the progress of the healing process with the nerves etc knitting together?????????

A lot of the short-lived pains and twinges are said to be due to healing.
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Yes!! I have been in so much pain the weekend. I went back to work last week (I have a desk job) but I'm gonna do half days this week. The worst is that my bottom (whole vagina/rectal area) HURTS!!! I feel like I pushed out a watermelon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2012, 06:34 PM

What kind of pain? Is it incisional? Does it feel internal? Close to your cuff? There are so many reasons that pain can get worse. If I were you, I'd pinpoint it so I could be sure to give a good description of it to my doc. If you're scared or bleeding or running a temperature -- I'd call your doc -- if only for reassurance!

That said, week three was the worst for me! I was walking and energized the first two weeks and then bam. Some people have said it's residual anesthesia or that the hormones aren't live yet or sometimes the energizing feeling of just making it through that makes the first two weeks better.

Just keep at it and take it week to week. I found measuring my progress day to day was really discouraging but if I looked back at the end of the week I could honestly say to myself that I'd had more good days than the week before. You're half way to week six and I'll tell you... that was my best week so far!!! Hang in and keep comin' back here and you'll get the support and comparisons your looking for!
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM

Week 3 was my worst also. I felt like the wbole "two steps forward, one step back" was best summarized for me as "two steps backwards, and now take another one back"! I was beyond frustrated....but I can tell you that it did slowly but surely get back to felling like the days were getting better by week 4. Hang in there & definitely rest more!! It does help!!
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:54 PM

I agree week 3 I had new pain for a couple days then it cleared up.
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:13 PM

I will be 3wks post op on Tuesday as well & have been having increased pain along with what at 1st was so dark I actually thought it was "poop". It is now more red & more of it. Is this also normal? I'm trying to take it easy but I'm home alone everyday with a dog, 2yr & 4 yr olds.
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Hi, I'm going on my fourth week and I agree my third week was so painful that I call my doctor and she had me to go to the ER. Everything was ok. I found out it is part of the process just take one day at a time and get plenty of rest and don't over do it. Also take a stool softer that's helpful also. You can have pain, be nauseated, and feel really bad if your not having bowel movements. I'm taking senokot for a stool softner it really helps. I hope this is helpful to someone.
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyred View Post
I will be 3wks post op on Tuesday as well & have been having increased pain along with what at 1st was so dark I actually thought it was "poop". It is now more red & more of it. Is this also normal? I'm trying to take it easy but I'm home alone everyday with a dog, 2yr & 4 yr olds.

My doc said the bleeding rule is that if you're filling up one to two regular maxi pads an hour, you should get checked out. Some spotting is normal. I didn't have any bleeding for the first week or two then I started spotting and then I had one day where I got scared. I couldn't decide if it looked like old blood or new blood or whether or not I was bleeding too much -- I panicked :P Got checked out and everything was fine. They said it was just an old pocket of blood that released when some of my inflammation went down. Old blood can be very brown so I'll bet that's what you have going on. Definitely call your doc if you're concerned though. I was reluctant to call at first post op but the nurses were great and kept encouraging me to let them know how things were going.

Can you get any help at all? You still need rest and I hope you're not lifting those sweet babies yet! Good luck & take it easy...
Unread 09-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Week 3 was the worst for me ,I still had pain in my rectum and bladder, and feeling alot of pressure. I had Vaginal HYST. Good news is ,I`m now in week 5,and doing better!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register