pms and hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pms and hysterectomy? pms and hysterectomy?

Unread 10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
pms and hysterectomy?

okay, here's a quik bit of history. I have always had bad pms. I have been treated with the usual ssri's to no avail. So I go to a psychiatrist and he says bipolar but not with all bipolar symptoms. he puts me on bipolar meds and they make me even more nutts. I know this is hormonal with all the problems i had with my pg's and it So, when my gyn said hysterectomy i thought great, no more pms. but he left my ovaries. ugh. I had fibroids and endo and adhesions on the inside of my uterus. I can't remember what he called it. it begins with an a. Since day 3 of hyst i have been crazy. i have insomnia and i am so unstable. i am 3weeks out on tuesday. I guess i wonder if my hormones had to do with what was wrong with my uterus and made me have pms(pmdd) and now i'm just so hormonal cuz of the surgery. this is nutts. I'm sorry I feel like i really am not making any sense at all. If anyone can understand this post then you are brilliant. So, those brilliant ladies out there please feel free to respond. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM
pms and hysterectomy?

4mygrls,,,
I havent had my hyster yet but I go for it next Monday, But I do have panic and anxiety attacks and I think there from hormonal problems. And I was hoping that it would make me do better and maybe get off of my meds.Im not prozac for it. It has helped me wonders . But I have read on here that some woman that do this usually dont need there meds anymore. If you havent then you need to have your hornon levels checked, That could still be your probs. Good Luck and god bless.
Unread 10-23-2005, 07:50 PM
pms and hysterectomy?

Well hello twin!!!!!!!!!!!! i can recite your story almost to a tee, terrible horrible pms then (pmdd) worsened with pregnancies then after my tubaligation, my gyno and i tried everything, as a last ditch effort before a hysterectomy we tried an ablation and i had to have 1 ovary and 3 cysts removed, well my one remaining ovary went into over drive and my PMS got extremely worse i was ready to kill myself or someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt i was going crazy so my gyno put me on an anti-depressent, no help at all, well i starting getting extreme pain again ultrasound showed cysts on other ovary and fibroids so we decided on LAVH now that both ovaries are out i feel like a new woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So you will probably need some sort of hormone adjustment to get you back into working order hun, i know how ya feel. p.s. my name is Kathi with an i my nickname is Kat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register