2 weeks post hysterectomy feeling meh :-( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy feeling meh :-( 2 weeks post hysterectomy feeling meh :-(

Unread 10-23-2014, 11:45 AM
2 weeks post hysterectomy feeling meh :-(

I'm 2 weeks post op it's been a weird time , being without my kids for so long killed me 😭 got them all back now but it's been a strain as my daughter (13) has autism and having to cHange her schools as she's not going ,so all the worry of school fines etc , and got some antibiotics yesterday but I feel worse ! Sat googling the meds he gave me and I came across horrendous stuff their called Ciprox not sure if I should continue or not as I genuinely do feel bad , aching all over weird things too like electric shocks up my body ,am I going bonkers lol or has anyone else had this reaction to these meds ??

Got the dreaded " swelly belly " this week so had to go out get new clothes as my 6-7 month looking belly sure does not fit in my jeans 😿 , I've finally figured out why some elderly are so nosy .......it's because all there seems to be at certain times of the day is detective drama lol so I'm guessing somewhere between Quincy reruns and murder she wrote they become expert curtain twitchers 👴👵👀 lol its true as I've never really had time for day time tv and I can't believe how much shod is on lol ......Jeremy Kyle is giving me nightmares ......all those yucky teeth eh .
Well I'm hoping all you lovely ladies are healing well and not too bored of the lovely Angela Lansbury ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Re: 2 weeks on feeling meh :-(

if your Dr. gave you Cipro for infection, you need to take it! If you stop your infection will get worse! You can call and see if they can give you something else, but all of these post surgery antibiotics have some side effects because they are strong and meant to heal bad infections.

And the reaction might not be from the meds. Do you have your ovaries?
Unread 10-23-2014, 03:38 PM

Lol my DH keeps asking me if I haven't had enough blood and gore yet definitely not used to day time t.v.! I will be three weeks post op tomorrow, I have been watching lots of movies! Hope you feel better soon, and the infection clears up fast
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2014, 06:13 PM

I am also 2 weeks post op but the last two days have been rough. Have a lot of gas pains in my stomach been taking stool softner but think I might change to murolox. Have this full feeling all the time but I'm hungry! Also my feet and hand get so cold. Dr says just part of progress ugh!
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:55 PM

Yes I do have the ovaries but not sure they're doing so much lol
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen6499 View Post
I am also 2 weeks post op but the last two days have been rough. Have a lot of gas pains in my stomach been taking stool softner but think I might change to murolox. Have this full feeling all the time but I'm hungry! Also my feet and hand get so cold. Dr says just part of progress ugh!
Day after me then karen6499 :-) the gas is a killer ,I've found fennel tea is good if you can drink it ?
Unread 10-26-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karend79 View Post
Lol my DH keeps asking me if I haven't had enough blood and gore yet definitely not used to day time t.v.! I will be three weeks post op tomorrow, I have been watching lots of movies! Hope you feel better soon, and the infection clears up fast
Lol yes I've moved up a notch now to law and order SVU lol :-) thankyou I hope it does too , I pray for quick recovery for us all x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register