Long Vertical Incision and Swelling 5.5 Weeks after Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Long Vertical Incision and Swelling 5.5 Weeks after Hysterectomy Long Vertical Incision and Swelling 5.5 Weeks after Hysterectomy

Unread 01-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Long Vertical Incision and Swelling 5.5 Weeks after Hysterectomy

I'm having this issue with swelling at 5.5 weeks out.

I have a long incision from right below my breastbone to the pubic area. I have two areas of swelling. One is a horizontal roll on the upper abdomen and pretty much stops below my breasts on each side. It also stops vertically right above my waistline (and causes the incision around the belly button to sort of disappear in the fold, lol) and the other is the "normal" swelly belly at the belly button and below. My incision is sensitive, and in spots this is improving. However, if the top "roll" swells, and it does at night or after reclining too long, the incision hits my clothes and becomes quite annoying.

At times, my entire "swelly belly" feels tight. It's usually worse at night. I thought this was getting better, but today I noticed the top "shelf' is sticking out more than the bottom!

I'm going to call the doctor on Monday, at my 6 week mark. Just wondering if anyone else with a long incision experienced this type of swelling in two places, with incisional sensitivity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2016, 03:25 AM
Re: Long Vertical Incision and Swelling 5.5 Weeks after Hysterectomy

Yes call your doctor.

Have you tried a cold compress on your abdominal? I have a bikini cut and now my belly swells. I place a cold pad on my abdominal. I feel better. My 6 weeks check up is Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register