other cravings.... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

other cravings.... other cravings....

Unread 10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
other cravings....

Craziest thing... I've always been a chocaholic. But now the chocolate sits and I'm not really interested in it. But I can't walk down the snack aisle now without grabbing a bag of potato chips.

I stopped buying chips many years ago. Have had them only on occasion until post-op. Now I can't get enough! And I eat the no-salt added chips by the handful. Glad I live alone so there are no witnessess. LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2006, 01:59 PM
other cravings....

Well I just wish I knew what it is I wanted! I think I want something, get it and that just wasn't it. Or it just doesn't taste right. So frustrating. I have to admit to craving salty things, chips and pretzels. Trying to leave them alone. Why can't I crave broccoli instead? Craving meat could be iron related. When I was anemic I couldn't get enough red meat, my doc said that it was iron related. When he upped my iron intake my craving for red meat subsided.
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:25 PM
other cravings....

I am 7 weeks post op and am still craving bbq potato chips - not any bbq chips - it must be Lays bbq potato chips. I about died laughing the day I realized it was a specific brand. Also, I was a big soda fan and after the surgery I could not stand it. Since August 24 I have probable had 3 cokes. Tried the new natural 7UP 2 weeks post op and thought it was great. Bought some last week and had to throw it down the drain - it tasted so nasty to me. I guess I should be glad as it is bad for the bones.

Lacynia, I envy you being down there with all that wonderful spicy food. I love spicy, but after the surgery I could not tolerate it and I really was starting to dispare if that taste would come back. It did this week - YEAH!!

The best to all of you. Eat what you crave, it will help you body heal.

Lesa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register