lavh include t/o | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

lavh include t/o lavh include t/o

Unread 02-18-2006, 09:28 AM
lavh include t/o

Hi
I'm scheduled for a hysterectomy on March 22. I received the paper work from my insurance company and it states this LAVH include t/o. My question in what does the t/o stand for? I go to the DR for Pre Op March 15. I really appreciate all the information that I have gathered from this board.
Thanks
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2006, 11:46 AM
lavh include t/o

I would say it means tubes and ovaries. I had a LAVH with BSO (bilateral tubes and ovaries) on 10-17-05 and also the cervix was removed.
At your pre-op appointment I would make a list of questions or check the pre-op appt. list on this website and print it off and take it with you for your appt. It is easy to forget to ask all your questions without a list. I am very glad that I had the surgery and I feel like a new woman. Just wish I would have done this surgery years ago. I had fibroids and a cyst on rt. ovary that did not show up on ultrasound tests - also adenomyosis. I had a lot of pelvic pain. I now feel wonderful.
Hope all goes well for your surgery and recovery.
Seahorse/Sharon
Unread 02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
lavh include t/o

Hello
Where can I find the list of questions to ask the DR?
Thanks
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2006, 06:22 PM
lavh include t/o

Hi Donna! If you scroll up to the top of the page, you will find the half-circle tabs (home, news, etc.). Next to them are purple tabs and the second one is Pre-op. Click on that and scroll down a wee bit and you will find all kinds of info, including a list of questions to ask.
Take care
Unread 02-19-2006, 08:05 AM
lavh include t/o

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonbud
Hello
Where can I find the list of questions to ask the DR?
Thanks
Donna
Hi Donna,
I would go to the forum- messages. I am not sure what questions you have. Don't worry if you can't find the list the website might have changed since I had my surgery last Oct. Look at the different areas for pre-op, but if you can not find it - just make your own list of questions and take that list with you to your appt.
When i had the list the dr. answered all my questions.
Good luck
Seahorse/Sharon
Unread 02-19-2006, 04:46 PM
lavh include t/o

Hello Sharon
Can you please let me know how you felt afterwards? How long did it take you to get back to your normal self? How long did you need someone around to help you out? My husband is in the military and might be called up to deploy. I'm nervous but my husband doesn't seem concerned at least he doesn't act like it.
Take care
Donna
Unread 02-20-2006, 08:52 AM
lavh include t/o

I felt good after my surgery although I was nauseated and had no appetite - in fact the smell of food bothered me. I ate very little. This is normal following surgery due to the anesthesia and pain medication.
My husband works in Arkansas and we live in Texas and so he did take one week off from work. Since he works away from home he did a lot of things around the house while home that week and was there for me the day of surgery. I was in the hospital 2 days. Since our 4 children are grown I had no responsibilities and was by myself after that first week. I ate mostly soups and drank alot of water so I would not get dehydrated and rested alot. My youngest daughter came for a visit so that she could drive me for the 10 day checkup. I was not allowed to drive and then was advised to be very careful driving at around 2 weeks post-op. Each dr. is different, so any questions you have be sure to write down and ask at your pre-op appt. I hope I have answered your questions and if you have more I will be glad to respond to your email. I remember being nervous prior to my surgery and this website did help and I am so thankfull that my surgery was approved by my insurance company. Everytime I saw the dr. I thanked her for doing the surgery. I also purchased a very soft small pillow that I used for my tummy - when coughing and also driving and/or passenger in a car and also used in the hospital and still use while sleeping.
Since I felt so much better after the surgery and feeling like a new woman and had no complications - I felt great and just took good care of myself.
My husband supported me, but left me with the decision to have the surgery. I am so glad I had the surgery.
Seahorse/Sharon
Unread 02-21-2006, 08:55 AM
lavh include t/o

I'm glad you're compiling a list to ask your doctor. Here's something that really helped me... I had three months to prepare for my hysterectomy, so I had lots of time to think of stuff.

About a week before my pre-op appointment, I actually mailed a list of questions to the doctor. Then a couple of days later I called to see if they had received it and if it was OK to do that. The nurse said, "Absolutely! We wish all of our patients would do this!" They were grateful because they could compile all of the answers to my questions, plus gather any pamphlets or articles they wanted me to read, BEFORE my appointment so they were ready for me and my time at the doctor's office was much more efficiently spent.

Since you have some time, it might be worthwhile for you to spend some time listing your questions and either mailing (or e-mailing) your list to the doctor. Just a thought.

Unread 02-21-2006, 09:04 AM
lavh include t/o

Hi
I'll have a week after my pre opt appointment before my surgery. I'm taking aygestin right now. I had my period on Feb 2-8, now I'm bleeding again started yesterday. I'm getting ready to call the DR.
Thanks
Donna
Unread 02-21-2006, 09:44 AM
lavh include t/o

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonbud
Hello Sharon
Can you please let me know how you felt afterwards? How long did it take you to get back to your normal self? How long did you need someone around to help you out? My husband is in the military and might be called up to deploy. I'm nervous but my husband doesn't seem concerned at least he doesn't act like it.
Take care
Donna
I can help!! I live in Tucson!!!My husband is being deployed in May. Maybe you husband is nervous or scared of the procedure so he is being absent from emotion right now. My DH is fighting to have this done before he leaves. He finally told me the other day that he is nervous and wants to know that everything will be okay while he is deployed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register