Severe fatigue 3 months post op TVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe fatigue 3 months post op TVH Severe fatigue 3 months post op TVH

Unread 03-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Severe fatigue 3 months post op TVH

Hello~

Please let me know if it is common to feel so fatigued by mid day being post op 3 months. I put my kids to bed by 8:30 p.m. and by 9 p.m. I am out and not disturbing until morning. My husband is getting frustrated because there is no romance. Please help is there something else going on with me or is this normal?

Thanks in advance for the advice my husband will appreciate it too... hopefully!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 05:49 PM

s

This is normal for many women. I personally experienced noticeable fatigue for a full year postop........I had a TAH. Of course, it never hurts to have a good checkup with your doc.......I have bonded with a great endocrinologist.......to rule out any other reason for your fatigue, as well as what you can do to improve things.

Take care, Princess.................s.....Deb
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:08 PM

I have my moments still too. MANY women have problems with fatigue for months afterwards - I don't think it's all that rare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2007, 07:58 PM

I had my surgery a day before you and was just thinking about posting the same thing.

This past week I have been absolutely exhausted. It is my fourth week back at work and everyday I have had to come home and take a nap and then I am back in bed my 9:00 pm. I was not quite so tired today.

It is frustrating when you think maybe you are well on your way to recovery and the exhaustion kicks back in and reminds you to slow down.
Unread 03-09-2007, 07:07 AM

I am about 5 months post-op, and still have days when I just can't get going. I just get through the day the best way I can, and go to bed really early. Daily exercise, and drinking plenty of water helps.

angandyloosen, I peeped at your profile, and learned that you are a SAHM with small children. That is an exhausting job, under the best of circumstances, and you are most definitely still healing from your surgery. Do follow the suggestion to check with your doc, but also consider that you might need some help from your DH. You are very likely experiencing normal post-op tiredness, exaggerated by the extra childcare and household work of a mother of young children. If you are doing all your housework, food shopping and prep, and childcare for young tots, then you are doing the equivalent of a full-time job. Ask any of the sisters who have gone back to work how they feel at the end of the day at 3-months post-op - I bet most of them are ready for bed right after supper. Just because you are not going out to a job doesn't mean you aren't working!

If DH is anxious for you to feel romantic at bedtime, and not fall asleep early, then he should help with your childcare duties so that you can still be perky at bedtime. He could do the entire bedtime routine for awhile, so that you could go directly from the supper clean-up to a nice bubble bath, and then slip into something yummy. If he is all thumbs with the babies, then help him learn what to do. He will gain a new perspective on what it is that you do all day, and the children will get to spend some time with daddy actually paying attention to them. Daddy will get his prize later, when the less-stressed Mommy is actually awake when he comes to bed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register