Pre-Op Appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-19-2001, 11:20 AM
Pre-Op Appt

Hi Sisters,
Today I recieved a call from the gyns' office for a pre-op appt,
which is Oct 3rd. The receptionist told me that she would call me
with a surgery date as soon as she hears from the hospital...
So I'm really "happy" that things are moving along in a "positive"
way for me...

SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 01:11 PM
Pre-Op Appt

Hi Michelle!!
Thats great news! I really enjoyed my pre-op appt. as they were all wonderful staff that I had for that. They take their time and give lots of opportunity for questions etc. I felt really good upon leaving my appointment that day.

If you haven't seen it already, there is a wonderful pre-op list of quesitons on the home page pull down menus under the Ladies in Waiting menu! Lots of things on that, that we may not think to ask while we are there.

Best of Luck Michelle, your attitude is wonderful!!
Hugs,
Maria
Unread 09-19-2001, 02:32 PM
Pre-Op Appt

Maria,
So glad you are doing so well! The hospital just called me today and requested I come in Monday after my pre-op at the dr's. They want to do their blood work and chest x-rays, and EKG.
Now I am terrified! It is the very mention of the word "Hospital" and I go into panic! I keep telling myself this is a place where you know once you are there and everyone starts talking,....you feel better, but until then, I am so petrified , my knees go weak!
Silly silly silly the way some of us are so scared of hospitals! I never was until peri meno hit. Now I seem to be scared of everything!
Your pre-op is the day after my hyster! S I will write in and let you know. I just know I am going to be one of those women that says "Waiting is the worst part!"
So happy for you!
Love, hugs and prayers
Peanut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2001, 02:56 PM
Pre-Op Appt

YEA Michelle!!!

Soon you will be on the other side and endo free my friend! What wonderful news! A beautiful October Princess! And close enough for me to hand deliver your crown! (Unless Sue beats me ) God Bless you at your pre op appointment!

Love you lots!!!
Pammy
Unread 09-19-2001, 05:21 PM
surgery oct 8th

I AM SCHEDULED FOR A HYSTERECTOMY. I HAVE ENDOMETRIOUS, ADHESIONS FROM 2 PREVIOUS C-SECTIONS 21 YEARS AGO AND AN UMBELLCO HERNIA AND AM 45 YERAS OLD. 2 YEARS AGO I HAD MY RIGHT OVARIES AND TUBE OUT BECAUSE OF CYSTS. I HAVE BEEN READING ALOT OF YOU GALS RESPONSES TO EACH OTHER AND I HAVE LEARNED ALOT. WHAT A GREAT FAMILY IT IS HERE! I HAVE PRINTED ALOT OUT FOR MY HUSBAND TO READ. HE IS 6 YEARS YOUNGER THAN I. HE IS MY SECOND HUSBAND. I HAVE 2 CHILDREN 20 AND 21 BUT WE DO NOT HAVE ANY TOGETHER. MY TUBES WERE TIED WITH MY LAST CHILD IN 1981. MY CHOOSE. WELL ANY WAY. I LOOK FORWARD TO TALKING TO ALL YOU GALS AT THE PRE-OP SITE. I AM REALLY SCARED.
GOTTA GO SON NEEDS ON COMPUTER BUT I'LL BE BACK
DONNA
Unread 09-20-2001, 09:07 AM
Pre-Op Appt

Welcome Donna! Glad you found us too! I know you are scared, but if you have any questions at all please post! We also have a search button at the top that you can use to look up other posts. Put in the word scared and I am POSITIVE you will find a lot of postings!! I just turned the big 4-0 this year and hopefully will be having my hysterectomy before the holidays get here for cervicitis and mennoragia. Good luck and God Bless!
Say hi to me if you happen to come to chat!!!
Love, Pammy
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:33 AM
Becoming A Princess

Thanks Pammy,
I'll be so happy to have the surgery so that I can feel better.
Also I appreciate all your support...
Many Hugs,
SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
Unread 09-20-2001, 11:34 AM
Becoming A Princess

Thanks Pammy,
I'll be so happy to have the surgery so that I can feel better.
Also I appreciate all your support...
Many Hugs,
SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com

Loooking Foward To Becoming A Princess!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register