Not Scheduled Cervical dysplasia CIN III (pre-cancerous) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervical dysplasia CIN III (pre-cancerous) Cervical dysplasia CIN III (pre-cancerous)

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Cervical dysplasia CIN III (pre-cancerous)

Two years ago I had 2 LEEP procedures at age 26 due to severe cervical dysplasia. I recently found out I am pregnant and was informed by my doctor that after this one, he recommends that I have a hysterectomy before my dysplasia turns cancerous. I would be having the hysterectomy at age 29. It's a bit overwhelming, but I know my doctor is looking out for my health and better interest.

I know I am not the only one to go through this, but feel so alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Re: Cervical dysplasia CIN III (pre-cancerous)

You are definitely not alone. I have a personal friend who's mother had to do the same thing after she was born. You might want to visit the Cancer Concerns forum with any questions or concerns you have regarding CIN and its progression.

{{hugs}}
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:47 AM

Thanks! I had a pap done yesterday to check on progression but doctor feels it is far enough along to warrant a hysterectomy. I am not so concerned about the cancer as my spouse and I have talked about the pros/cons of the hysterectomy. We both feel it to be in my best interest to take care of the problem before it gets worse.

Really my worries are about having a toddler and a newborn in the house while basically having a cesarean and hysterectomy double procedure, and also dealing with menopause at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Why would you deal with menopause? Unless your doctor specified an oopherectomy for other reasons he/she shouldn't have to remove your ovaries?
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM

I just got the news yesterday about the hysterectomy. I am not sure what all I will keep or if it will all be removed. Guess I am getting a bit ahead of myself. Will be visiting the doctor next week to find out what type of hyst. I will be having.
Unread 12-31-2011, 11:16 AM

Just a suggestion but because you are at level 3 - I would suggest getting a second opinion from a Gynocology Oncologist. Many times outward signs do not point to the full extent of the disease. There are many women on here who had not known there was any cancer until after the hysterectomy and then further surgeries were needed.

Honestly I'm not trying to scare you. I know the thought of cancer is not pleasant. But the Cancer forum has much knowledge of CINIII. I had CINIII and the cancer developed in a way that couldn't be detected.

Just food for thought.
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:16 PM

I'm right there with you, girl. I had the LEEP a few years back. Now, the cancer is back, along with some other stuff, so I'm having a partial (hopefully) hysterectomy as well. You can ABSOLUTELY go through menopause even if you keep your ovaries. I''m scared as well, but it's the right decision. Stay strong!
Unread 12-31-2011, 12:57 PM

I was at CIN III 2 years ago, that was after the first LEEP procedure. A few months later when I had procedure 2 it hadn't gotten any better. It's been 2 years sine last check up just had my pap to find out if its stayed the same or gotten worse. Hope to hear back about it in the next week or two.

It's all so much to take in, I have full support of my family and spouse. Though none of them personally know what I am going through right now. I am glad to have found this site and know that with the support of everyone that I can make it through this.
Unread 12-31-2011, 10:13 PM

I also had cervical dysplasia, many biopsies and LEEP procedures. My cervix scarred so badly that GYN was unable to obtain clear biopsies. And my period couldn't get through. I had cervix and uterus removed 5 months ago. My ovaries are still working and I have PMS symptoms every month. You will likely find that most people don't understand how difficult and emotional this can be. Please come here for support and with any questions you have.
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:10 PM

I am in exactly the same boat. I'm 27 and scheduled for a tvh on January 23. Its scary. I've seen 3 drs and all say that for me its my best bet. Its not fun to think about and I didn't wnat to do it. But last doc made3 some valid points. Like his best one. You have kids you need to be healthy for them. You can keep trying all this other stuff but why when you can just get it gone in one shot? That got me right there. The age thing is a kicker too just feels like I'm too young for this. But it is what it is. I look for the silver lining. No periods no cancer and hello white pants. I would also suggest a second opinion. That way you know for sure what options there are. Hugs and prayers your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register