Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice? Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

Unread 01-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

I had my surgery yesterday via da Vinci robot. It looks like it was a good idea for me to have it considering all the fibroids and endometriosis I had. I did have to stay overnight but I am home now. Feeling a lot of pain in my stomach and constantly having to go pee. Just going to take it easy for the next few days. Any advice for post op?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Re: Jan. 3rd surgery

Hi Christine1976,

The best advice is to take it easy, do not over do it. You must rest in order to heal. Have your family take care of you.

Healing Hugs to you!!
Unread 01-04-2017, 07:28 PM

Walk!! The more you walk the quicker the gas will go away. I found the gas pains hit me about day 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2017, 07:44 PM

Hi! I had my surgery Dec 29th. I'm still having a lot of pain and issues. I have other health issues which make it more difficult but today i did manage to drive myself to the store. I'm actually thinking about baking cookies tomorrow. But for now I need to rest. Gas pains!
Unread 01-05-2017, 08:51 AM

Thanks ladies! Last night was ok. Kept getting up to go to the bathroom. I feel like my stomach is gurgling and having some sharp pains here and there. I hope this all passes quickly. I just want to get a good nights rest.
Unread 01-05-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine1976 View Post
Thanks ladies! Last night was ok. Kept getting up to go to the bathroom. I feel like my stomach is gurgling and having some sharp pains here and there. I hope this all passes quickly. I just want to get a good nights rest.
Yup! I have to go to the bathroom a lot but I normally do anyway. But does it feel like your catheder is still in when you go or like they are inserting it every time you go? I feel that uncomfortable sensation. Also I can't empty my,bladder and I stand up and I'm still going but I can't feel it. Although, I also had a full hysterectomy with McCalls Cauldoplasty. I feel battered. Particularly my bladder.
Unread 01-05-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelz View Post
Yup! I have to go to the bathroom a lot but I normally do anyway. But does it feel like your catheder is still in when you go or like they are inserting it every time you go? I feel that uncomfortable sensation. Also I can't empty my,bladder and I stand up and I'm still going but I can't feel it. Although, I also had a full hysterectomy with McCalls Cauldoplasty. I feel battered. Particularly my bladder.
Honestly I don't remember having a catheder in me. I know I had one during surgery. There is this sensation that I have to keep going though. I've had it after other surgeries before too. I couldn't leave the hospital until I did pee. Hopefully I will get a better sleep tonight and not go to the bathroom as much .
Unread 01-05-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Honestly I don't remember having a catheder in me. I know I had one during surgery. There is this sensation that I have to keep going though. I've had it after other surgeries before too. I couldn't leave the hospital until I did pee. Hopefully I will get a better sleep tonight and not go to the bathroom as much .
I was in hospital for 2 days after and had the catheter in there. I accidentally pulled it out and they had to reinsert it. That sucked! I asked them to leave it in longer because while it was out I couldn't pee without it. They also don't let you go home until you pass gas. I should of stayed one more night because I had it rough when I got home.
Unread 01-05-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Wait how are you even on here so soon? I had morphine diloded drip,in hospital then oxy when I left and there's no way I was up for being online so soon.,you,are amazing. Lol
Unread 01-05-2017, 06:49 PM
Re: Jan. 3rd hysterectomy: advice?

Hi Christine! The best advice is often found on our post op recovery thread. Here we can recover with other women who had surgery during the same week.

Jan 2-8 Recovery Thread

Its a great place to share our progress, get helpful recovery tips, and give/get support while we heal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register