cystocele w/proplene mesh and TVT failure at 7 weeks!!! HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cystocele w/proplene mesh and TVT failure at 7 weeks!!! HELP! cystocele w/proplene mesh and TVT failure at 7 weeks!!! HELP!

Unread 01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
cystocele w/proplene mesh and TVT failure at 7 weeks!!! HELP!

On 1/16/06 I had a hysterectomy with cystocle repair and sparc procedure. Obviously, this did not work and had my 2nd cystocele repair surgery 11/16/06. This time with the proplene mesh to support it (since the other repair failed within months). They also put in the TVT.
Now at oh say 7 weeks when i get the "alls clear" from my dr. (ok for sex, ok to lift 15lbs. 30lbs if necessary and fifty only in an extreme circumstance ). Yesterday I felt "full" or "bulging" down there and noticed I am peeing a whole lot more. So, today I get out the dreaded mirror and not to my surprise, it's back. I can see the bulge.
Has anyone else had this problem? I haven't lifted much. Sure i have lifted more than the first 6 weeks, I'd say a heavier laundry basket or groceries but I don't even think it would have weighed the 30 lbs. that she said I could if I needed to.
Is there anything else they can do at this point or am I stuck with this issue. I'm besides myself.Please, if anyone has had similar problems, please let me know.
Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Are you positive that the repair has failed? One of the gals on the Cancer Concerns board says "Before you waste a good panic, ask your doctor." I pray that the repair hasn't failed again. I'm sorry you've had to go through all this. I don't have any words of wisdom, or experience, but wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you.
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the reply and concern...Yeah I'm sure it's failed I can see it bulgeing. I've had it fail before and know exactly how it feels and looks. I'm gonna call the doctor tomorrow when they open. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again.
Unread 01-10-2007, 04:53 PM

Don't get nervous until you see your Dr!!! Although the beginning of my history is much like yours, part of my bulge after the first repair failed was redundant vaginal tissue. It was quite large, the size of a golf ball and it was on the anterior vaginal wall just beneath the urethra. I also had urinary frequency and pressure which are all the same symptoms as a recurrent prolapse would be. The tissue was pulling around the urethra which was causing the pressure and frequency. Once it was removed all the anterior symptoms resolved. So do yourself a favor and call the Dr to find out what this really is.
Michelle
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM

I hope it's something as simple as what you describe. I'll call the Dr. in the morning. Thanks for your reply.
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:11 PM

did you have a repair that failed? I'm wondering if you did and if your second one was with the mesh and how you are making out with it. I don't know of anyone who has had this surgery that I can talk to about it.
Thanks
Unread 01-10-2007, 05:53 PM

Yes I have had a repair that failed. My history is quite extensive so if you want the long version click on my name and look up all my posts. The short version is, my first repair failed 2 weeks post-op. It is suspected it was due to suture rejection. My next repair was done with polypropolene mesh. I started with mesh erosion not long after the mesh augmentation. I began having severe rectal pain at 4 months post-op. I had mesh erosion surgery in October. In November I was diagnosed with an inflammatory reaction to the polypropolene and in 5 days I will be having the mesh removed. This will be my third surgery in 9 months and I am so looking forward to having this mesh removed.
Please check in at the Bladder Matters message board where you will find lots of women who have so much experience to share. And please let me know what happens. I hope you get in to see the Dr soon.
Michelle
Unread 01-10-2007, 06:23 PM

oh my gosh. I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble you have been having. Good luck with the removal of the mesh. I surely wish you well. Thanks for sharing with me.
Unread 01-11-2007, 03:55 PM

I know how you feel, I had my 3rd prolapse repair June 2006 using Avaulta (mesh). I have also felt that dreaded feeling the past 3 weeks. Thought it might be a UTI, had the DR give me antibiodics but still have the feeling and I can also see something when I look and feel. Soonest appt with DR is not until 2/15. Last surgery, he told me that it was almost impossible to prolapse again, since I had A/P done, then graft repair then the mesh. I was covered x3.. Well something is up( or should I say down). Keep us posted on what your DR says.
Unread 01-11-2007, 06:18 PM

oh gosh, I hope for your sake that you are still "Up"..what a nightmare. I have an appointment on the 16th. I will surely post the result of my visit. Soooooooo sorry for the problems you have had. Best of luck and please keep me posted.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register