Sick all night vomiting and diarreah :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sick all night vomiting and diarreah :( Sick all night vomiting and diarreah :(

Unread 11-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Sick all night vomiting and diarreah :(

I think I got food poisoning eating out with my DS last night. I threw up all night with diarreah. I had to shower several times due to severe runny watery diarreah..I know TMI. I won't go any further with details..gets gross.

I was so scared of hurting my insides from the hyster, but so far not in bad pain there.

Maybe it was the flu? I think that is going around too.

I'm off to lay back down..I am so weak and tired now. I did just keep some ginger ale down..good sign.

Hang in there. I will checkback with you all later and answer some PM's...just not up to being on long now.
Thanks for letting me vent...I hate getting this stuff..but then who does? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2006, 09:54 AM

Oh SisterAngel, I'm so sorry you're sick. I think I would call the doc, maybe they can give you some meds to stop the diarrhea. Try anything with lemon, like lemon tea, or lemonade, or lemon squeezed in your water. I even suck on lemon drops. Lemon really settles your tummy.

When you try to eat, try cold foods, as they have less smell and usually its the smell that makes you feel nauseous.

I particularly like popsicles when I'm sick.

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:56 AM

Oh - icky - yucky - that just stinks!!!
You try to go out and do something nice for yourself and it kicks you in the butt....
I am so sorry you have to feel this way.
I hope that soon the nasty stuff will exit your body and you will feel so much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2006, 10:17 AM

Oh sweetie, that is so not fun. I am so sorry!!!

HUGS!!!!
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:01 AM

Hey, that was supposed to be me! My DD exposed me last Sunday. I am so sorry you are sick. SOOOOO not what we need right now!!!
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:35 AM

I layed back down 2 hours....haven't puked since 9 am now. I took imodium and that's keeping the runs at bay..for now.

I got this pain now in my lower left abdomen area...I bet it's muscles from straining to vomit. When I lay or sit it does not hurt, but when I go to get up..OUCH!!! But I am getting off and on stabbing pains too..yikes........first bronchitis pre surgery and now post surgery this.

I got my 6 wk post op appt. tomorrow and not sure if I still have some runs and not feeling well if I can go. I wanted to go so bad, but if i still have loose stools I guess I'll reschedule.

Thanks for being there and listening. I need to lay back down some more...just so weak...this stuff will do it to you.

Have a great day and hang in there. You're very special and I'm honored to call you "friend"
Unread 11-08-2006, 11:57 AM

We are all there for you sweetie!!!!
Unread 11-08-2006, 12:00 PM

I just had a funny thought after I posted. When we are too sick or too tired or too much in pain to do anything in the world we will still DRAG ourselves to the computer and the only people who really make us feel better! I am so gald for all of us that we have this place to go!
Unread 11-08-2006, 12:27 PM

SA also flat 7-up helps (stir it with a spoon until the bubbles are gone). This was a trick taught to me by my perdiatrician when DD was sick with a nasty stomach bug. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy get well soon.
Unread 11-08-2006, 01:39 PM
getting back to normal

Hi
I was told by a woman with ulcerative colitis that blacktea with 2 sugars helps diarrhea. I tried it yesterday. Hope this helps you.
Paula

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register