Did anyone else have frozen pelvis? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone else have frozen pelvis? Did anyone else have frozen pelvis?

Unread 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Did anyone else have frozen pelvis?

I had a full hysterectomy, an appendectomy, and prolapse surgery to prevent further bladder prolapse. My rectum and other part of my bowels were fused to my uterus due to frozen pelvis. This is caused by advanced endometriosis. Mine was horrible and my surgeon was a ninja because in spite of these complications the surgery went well. The trauma left my bowels inflamed, me very constipated still at 14 days post op. My stomach is swollen. Did anyone else on here have frozen pelvis? What is your experience? My recovery is going very slow. My Dr says I,had a very extensive major surgery. Am I the only one who had a frozen pelvis on here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Re: Did anyone else have frozen pelvis?

Wow, you really went through the wringer! I can't offer any insight, but there are some older posts around if you type "frozen pelvis" in the search box. Though it's not common, you're not the first and you won't be the last to have dealt with that.

The constipation and swollen belly, however, are common post-op for many of us, even those with textbook surgeries and recoveries. I had to stay on top of my digestive system for about 7 weeks, or I'd get constipated in the blink of an eye. Focus your diet on increased fiber and magnesium: dark leafy greens, whole grains and fiber cereal, nuts, seeds, avocados, fruits (dried, fresh or frozen in smoothies), prune juice and enough water-water-water to swamp a canoe. Without the water, you're just making rocks! Avoid highly processed foods and gas producing foods for now since they are harder to digest. My go-to was Fiber One Original cereal with raisin bran added, dried prunes, prune juice evenly throughout the day. I also propped my feet up on a low footstool for proper colon alignment. Moving around / walking can also help. If-if-if you need something to help you along, Smooth Move tea. The "moving" ingredient is senna - natural, but still a laxative which is why you want to use it sparingly otherwise your body will become dependent on it.

The swollen stomach is so common it has a nickname and it's own emoji, swelly belly . It's what brought me to this site. If you think of any injury (broken arm, sprained ankle, burn), fluids gather around the inflammation as a part of the healing process. Lucky us, that's in our tummies . My doctor said by week 8 I should notice it less and I did, but I'd still get it when I resumed an activity for the first time, or did something which really used my core. My last time at the mat with it was at 5 months. You can read more about Swelly Belly here.

You're not alone in the post op muddle, and yes, it will get better. It's a slow journey.

Unread 01-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Re: Did anyone else have frozen pelvis?

Thanks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register