Achy Back Normal at 4 weeks? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Achy Back Normal at 4 weeks? Achy Back Normal at 4 weeks?

Unread 06-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Achy Back Normal at 4 weeks?

Yesterday my lower back started hurting. I took Motrin and used a heating pad last night. Today it still hurts. Did I overdo this weekend or could something be going on? I have called the Doctor and have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Any thoughts? (I am at 4 weeks today).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2006, 08:46 PM

Hi,

I'm sorry your back is hurting. I'm glad you made an appointment to see your doctor and I hope you feel better soon! Let us know what you find out.

s, Deb
Unread 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM

Hi emilycharity

I also found that my lower back started aching as I was recovering. I then realized that I hadn't been using my abs as much as pre-op and started pulling them in when I was standing or sitting. It really helped me reduce the discomfort.

I think you are very right in seeing your doctor. Only he can tell what's what in your personal situation. Please let us know what he says....

Best wishes and s.........Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2006, 06:09 AM

I agree with the other sisters - it is good that you are going to see you doc about this. I have had an aching back off and on - it was one of the worst symptoms in October and November with my huge cyst, and I thought the surgery would take care of it right away. I got very discouraged when I still had back pain the first 2 months post op, but thankfully it has subsided and now only aches when I overdo. Hang in there sweetie - I hope all is ok, and that it will go away with time.
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:53 AM

Emily, so glad you posted, I thought about it. I am 4 days ahead of you and my lower back started hurting yesterday. I thought it might have been from my first driving trip on Sunday but it is back again today. This is the first lower back pain I have had in six months. I will be very interested in what your doc says. My appt. is next week. I will start trying to suck it in and see if that helps. Thanks sisters.
Unread 06-07-2006, 11:57 AM

My lower back has hurt since the day after surgery. I complained about it in the hospital and they kept telling me it was from laying on the op table! It got worse after I went home so I went to see my gen prac dr. He said it was from the surgery, pretty normal in some women and he prescribed me a muscle relaxer. It's been almost 4 weeks for me and I still have the pain off and on. Just another bump in the road to recovery I guess. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Laurie
Unread 06-07-2006, 12:09 PM

I also started having lower back and hips' pain at about 4 weeks. I started feeling better about that time, and started walking a lot, doing gardening, etc. I ended up going to an ortho doc and he did Xrays and an MRI on the lumbar region. He didn't find anything, and basically told me that I was out of shape and to do some physical therapy. I went through a couple weeks of PT and it really helped. They gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the core and lower back area. I think I probably should have been doing them before the hyst, instead of after! That would have made my recovery easier. I wasn't in very good shape to begin with, and I think the inactivity, then trying to get active again, plus, like someone else mentioned -- the way that you are on the operating table, esp, in a lap, I think you're about upside down, that all can lead to back trouble.
Also, I sit at a desk all day for work, have for 8 years, and didn't really have good lumbar support. I bought a portable McKenzie lumbar support from the PT place where I went, and that has really helped too.
Hope that helps,
Jonquil
LSH for endo, adenomyosis, kept cervix, ovaries, 38 yr. old
Unread 06-07-2006, 12:21 PM

I have lower back pain but mine goes down in my legs, if I'm on my feet or sitting too long. It started around 2 months before surgery, I figured it was from the cyst and fibroids. I also thought it would go away after surgery, At my 6 week check up the doctor said, It doesn't have anything to do with it. He referred me see my family doctor. I have an appointment tomorrow.
Unread 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM

I am back from the doctor. Everything is fine. The back pain is normal and he did not seem to worry too much about it. Told me to continue taking it easy. Also gave me permission to go back to work 1/2 days starting next week.
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:13 PM

I'm glad you saw your doctor and everything is fine. Take care of yourself and I hope your feeling better soon!

s, Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register