Scheduled dVH/RALH Upcoming hysterectomy (7/11): Where should my husband sleep during my recovery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy (7/11): Where should my husband sleep during my recovery? Upcoming hysterectomy (7/11): Where should my husband sleep during my recovery?

Unread 06-29-2014, 11:37 AM
Re: Where should my husband sleep during my hysterectomy recovery?

I took my body pillow and put it between us and then used pillow to put around me it was nice and comfy. I caught him cuddling up to it and putting his hand on my shoulder made me feels special😘
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2014, 02:32 PM

My hubby slept with me in our bed it was so sweet my first few nights where a little ruff and he played with my hair and rubbed my back until I fell asleep...
Unread 06-29-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshesToBeauty View Post
I'm hoping since I'll be keeping my ovaries that hot flashes won't be a problem- my husband is a deep sleeper so disturbing him wont be a problem. He's a snorer and generates insane amounts of heat which will no doubt disturb ME! haha

We will see how things go but I suspect that maybe I'll be downstairs on the couch or in the recliner for awhile anyway.
Even though you are keeping your ovaries they can go into a sort of shock at being manipulated during surgery. That's when the hot flushes and moodiness can occur. Mine resolved itself by week 4.

So don't be surprised!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2014, 12:49 PM

I'm worried about sleeping also, I have 3 Great Danes that have to be so close to me. I might camp out in the living room
Unread 06-30-2014, 01:03 PM

Same bed I put a body pillow between us just so I didnt accidently get bumped
Unread 07-01-2014, 06:27 PM

My husband chose to sleep on the couch so that I was comfortable moving around. He would come to bed at 5am for a couple of hours before getting ready to go to work. I was so grateful that I had the bed to myself as I was not sleeping well, was uncomfortable and I know that if he was in bed I would have tried to be quiet so not to wake him so I am glad that I was able to rest on my own. You need the bed t yourself for about two weeks for sure.
Unread 07-01-2014, 07:31 PM

Same bed . I had a small tummy pillow against tummy. He get up in morning and bring me something to eat so I could take meds. I liked cuddling w/ him. Would have been to hard to sleep without him.
Unread 07-01-2014, 09:14 PM

I happily slept on the couch for eight weeks.. I didn't want to get hit in the stomach. Plus the couch kept me sitting up a little. Laying flat hurt. I now have own room. Lol.. I liked it too much.. ;-)
Unread 07-04-2014, 06:59 PM

First 2 nights I slept on the sofa bed in lounge room with the tv. After this I managed to go back to bed with hubby. Worst night was about 5 nights after surgery. He rolled and kneed me in the backside. When you are constipated and sore. I screamed and cried from the pain. I know he didnt mean it but it hurt. Up until a few nights ago i stayed in our bed. I ended back on the sofa though as I had a nightmare and was tossing and turning and keeping him up. He needed to get up at 3am for work. so I went back to sofa for a few nights to allow him to sleep.
Unread 07-04-2014, 11:01 PM

4 weeks / approx. 32 days post op. Since we have several stairs I didn't attempt to climb them. I did try to lay on the couch and that was very uncomfortable. So I have been in my recliner the entire time and DH has been in his recliner. He doesn't like sleeping upstairs without me. The only exception was vacation last week, 5 nights without my recliner and I did a lot of tossing and turning and I was afraid of getting kneed. One morning I woke feeling pretty good the rest of the time not so good and I kept him up. It will be what you both decide is the best for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register