Significantly Less Satisfying Orgasms 1 Year Post-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Significantly Less Satisfying Orgasms 1 Year Post-Op Significantly Less Satisfying Orgasms 1 Year Post-Op

Unread 05-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Significantly Less Satisfying Orgasms 1 Year Post-Op

I had a vaginal hysterectomy exactly 1 year ago this month. My cervix was also removed, but my ovaries were left in tact. I'm completely greatful that I am done with the bleeding, pain, anemia, fatique, etc... However, I am quite disappointed with the quality of my orgasms.

I have a loving, considerate, passionate, gentle, everything that a woman would want husband. I have not discussed this with him, and as "one woman to another", I hope you will understand why I wouldn't. It isn't something that he can change or control. I would only succeed in taking away his pleasure as well! He doesn't need to know that his fantastic talents and selfless efforts are in vain. Nothing has changed, he is incredible, sexy, strong and I so desire him completely! I know he feels the same about me. Sex is still wonderful and there are no issues or complaints with the "functionality" of/or the act of sexual intercourse-- before or after my hysterectomy. However, since my hysterectomy, regardless of how or which manner I am brought to orgasm, they are so much less intense and satisfying then they were before my hyterectomy. Everything leading up to the big "O" is great! The same as it always was. But now-- it's just so frustrating! Just imagine-- you think you are almost there, it's happening, it's coming on strong, you are on your last breath and you feel that last big pulse and you know that you are going to explode... and... but... then... *ping*. That's it? All the sweating, the heart pounding, and-- ugghh! Where is it! There is no deep intense clitoral or vaginal RELIEF. Just a mild, dull, muted, slightly pleasurable, muffled orgasm. I still have the strong vaginal contractions that follow, but what is missing is that deep, intense, satisfying, pleasurable, tingling down your neck to your feet, euphoric feeling that makes you NEEEEED to release even just a little audible sound.

What has happened and how do I retrieve it? I do practice Keegles often, which usually just gets me into my predicament in the first place. I don't lack sexual desire, and I do experience (I hate this word) horniness even when it is unprovoked.

Thanks everyone for listening. I so hope you can lead me in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Re: Significantly Less Satisfying Orgasms 1 Year Post-Op

Hi Jahulobo,

I don't have an answer for you but a lot of sympathy. It's a very important thing. I wonder since you had a vaginal hysterectomy if some nerves were damaged in the surgery -- and if so they might recover too. The only thing I can think is to call your doctor and have the discussion with them. They might have reassuring news. Healing takes a LONG time. Best to you.

P.S. I know the G spot is controversial but I'm wondering if there are other areas of stimulation that might help increase the pleasure too.
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM

Since you still have orgasms, but they are simply less intense, it sounds like you are missing the uterine contractions that happen during orgasm. Some women feel them and some do not, so some miss them post hyster and some do not. I'm not far enough post-op yet to know if I'll be in your boat or not.

I hope as time passes, and more of your nerves heal, that the feelings will get stronger for you. But odds are, your going to have to learn how to accept your new body and its new orgasm.

My husband has always been a patient lover too and if I miss the uterine contractions I won't complain to him either. I understand why you aren't telling him. It is out of his control and taking the wind out of his sails could strain your relationship.

Talk to us. Talk to girl friends and female family members you can trust, and have faith that you will adjust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2012, 05:30 PM

I was worried about uterine contractions but even missing my uterus they're just as intense. Maybe even more so without the tumor (that was my problem, and it was huge). Good luck Abagayle!

P.S. you might ask your doc if orgasm is ok because I did the go ahead and experimented on my own so I'd know what to expect when with my hubby.
Unread 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM

Thanks for your thoughts! Now that I think of it, maybe it was my huge fibroids (size of a 5 month fetus) that made my uterine contractions so much more intense and pleasurable! Having all that mass gave my uterus something to contract against! However, I will still stand strong and remember WHY I had my hysterectomy in the first place. The quality of my life was almost at a ZERO. I had to go to work, but I could barely make it through the day. I couldn't go anywhere or do anything with my grandson. I spent so much time in bathrooms, and money on clorox, pads and tampons- and so much energy washing bloody sheets and towels that I had to throw between my legs whenever I stood up. My heart used to beat so hard that I swear others could feel it if they sat next to me. The headaches, dizziness, almost passing out just to walk from my bed to the bathroom. Oh Lord! I could go on. Nevertheless, I would STILL do it again and forfiet those intense "few extra seconds" of pleasure to live the healthier quality of life I live now.
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:27 PM

I'm just throwing this out there, but I wonder if you'd benefit from hypnosis therapy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register