Scheduled dVH/RALH Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you? Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you?

Unread 10-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Re: Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you?

At the last minute, it was decided that I would spend the night. The hospital made the suggestion that my husband could stay with me since we live over an hour away. I was given my own room with two beds so hubby had his own bed. Turned out hubby was also a huge help when I had to go to the bedroom. I didn't have to wait for the nurse!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2014, 09:32 PM

I had my husband & daughter she is a RN. I was so glad that they both stayed. I keep passing out every time I stood up. I had a private room, with two beds. So they could lay down. While the other one was in a recliner. I highly recommend husband stay if your having problems. I am allergic to a lot of medication. So I needed him with me.
Unread 10-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyhal View Post
Hi all--I'll be staying one night in the hospital after my dvh (10/27). I would rather my husband stay home with the kids and to walk the dog than spend the night there with me. He is so supportive in every way, but the overnight stay just doesn't seem necessary. BUT my mother is a retired nurse and is willing to spend the night with me--should I ask her to, or will I regret it??
I was in the hospital for 3 days and had a private room. My husband stayed with me the whole time. Our kids are grown but we do have pets. He would leave a few times during the day to take care of them and to get a bite to eat. We live near the hospital which made it much easier. If he wants to stay, I say let him. I'm glad my husband stayed with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2014, 12:54 PM

I think my daughter will stay over with me if accomodations allow it. She offered, and i think it is comforting to have someone there just to talk too. My procedure is early so im sure by the afternoon ill be feeling a bit better. We like to catch up on shows as well.
Unread 10-25-2014, 02:00 PM

Since this was my first surgery, my sweet hubby slept in a chair leaned against the wall . It meant the world to me
Unread 10-25-2014, 02:06 PM

My best friend is all set to come stay with me. She can't get there until 8:00 PM, but I'll be in surgery until 4 or 5:00, so I'm thinking that timing is probably pretty good. I just hope I'm not so out of it that we can't have a little fun! But as some of you have said, it will be a comfort to have her there. She is one of the most calm and capable people I've ever known.

P.S. I love hearing all your stories--helps me to know how common this really is.
Unread 10-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Did you have someone stay overnight in the hospital with you?

My dh was all set to stay with me the first night (he did reserve a motel room across the street just in case). But when I came out of surgery I was really floating in and out, by 8pm or so I told him to leave and get some sleep. The nurses were taking good care of me
Unread 10-28-2014, 02:59 PM

A friend recommended that my dh stay with me because she was sorry that hers hadn't when she had a problem getting the nurse's attention, but in the end my dh went home once I seemed settled, and that worked well with me. There were so many interruptions and minor? discomforts that I didn't sleep very soundly, but I would not have done better had he been there.

I was glad to stay overnight, however, to make certain things were on the right track rather than having to rush home with an hour and a half drive the day of surgery.
Unread 10-30-2014, 08:47 PM

My DH stayed with me the whole time. I couldn't have done it with out him
Unread 11-03-2014, 12:42 PM

I have only had 1 surgery and that was 30 years ago. I am terrified to spend the night in the hospital by myself.Yes I did when I had children but I had them to take care of. I don't sleep well in strange places and don't sleep at all without my husband near me. I do have a private room so he'll have a pull out couch. He has about a 20 minute drive back home. It's nearing winter and snow here so if the roads are icky he'll def stay. Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing and can go home that same day!

Juli

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register