Anyone else NOT follow doctor orders when it comes to sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else NOT follow doctor orders when it comes to sex? Anyone else NOT follow doctor orders when it comes to sex?

Unread 10-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Anyone else NOT follow doctor orders when it comes to sex?

Not that I'm advocating to not follow MD orders but I am 5 weeks post op SAH/BSO and I allowed hubby to penetrate alittle bit last night. Absolutely NO pain or bleeding and truthfully I was so excited I almost allowed deep penetration. It felt great and no regrets at all. I'm just wondering who else hasn't obeyed MD orders when it comes to sex. My next MD appt is Wednesday the 28 at which point I will be cleared for everything anyways. I have been complication free, thank God, I never had any bleeding or spotting. I have NO pain and can even cough and sneeze without ANY discomfort now. I feel back to normal except for the getting tired fast and needing a rest but have never had a nap since I've been home. Leave it to us nurses not to follow MD orders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Re: Anyone else NOT follow doctor orders when it comes to sex?

Hi - I just had my two week post op and my dr told me that if ifelt well enough and ready, that my dh and I could "cheat". This led to a very funny conversation because my dr told me I looked like a cheater! I told my dr I was a loyal cheater (married 25 years - same guy) - and what is even FUNNIER is that my dh and I had been intimate recently (just me taking care of him - and had a small "hicky" on my neck ( am 46 and was Horrified), tried to cover with makeup before dr visit but was sure my dr was looking as we were talking at the post op. My husband and I laughed all the way home(he took me to my appt). Anyways my dr did tell me to expect sex to be different and maybe spotting - I am so thankful for my sisters here because I am so much more informed and prepared.

I think you should always check with your dr FIRST before cheating- I am not sure if I will cheat or not
Unread 10-24-2009, 09:50 AM

If you have a vaginal cuff, you want the doctor to make sure it is healed or you risk getting an infection. I would not have risked it without being cleared (I had to wait until week 11 because of the cuff) but I am sure many don't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2009, 09:56 AM

Me again - I tried to edit and couldn't! I was only cleared to cheat at FIVE weeks - but always check with your own dr
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabutterfly1 View Post
If you have a vaginal cuff, you want the doctor to make sure it is healed or you risk getting an infection. I would not have risked it without being cleared (I had to wait until week 11 because of the cuff) but I am sure many don't wait.
I do NOT have a vaginal cuff as I have all of my cervix in place. Hence SAH/BSO. SAH means supracervical hysterectomy you keep your cervix.
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:32 AM

Sorry I had just woken up & didn't register that point. With no cuff then you don't have that worry. Giggle
Unread 10-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabutterfly1 View Post
Sorry I had just woken up & didn't register that point. With no cuff then you don't have that worry. Giggle
No problem. I am only 4 days away from being cleared anyhows. My 6 week check up is Wed and at my last visit he said he would clear me for everything on the 28th. I by no means want to advocate not listening to your doctor but I feel back to normal. I guess I'm blessed to have healed so well. I actually can go all day without thinking of my surgery. Didn't even feel any different during sex.
Unread 10-24-2009, 05:33 PM

WHAT ABOUT JUST CLITORAL SEX???
Unread 10-24-2009, 05:46 PM

At HysterSisters we don't recommend that anyone engage in any activity before the doctor's release. That includes (but is not limited to) vacuuming, laundry, exercise and yes, it also includes any kind of sexual activity.

Please call your doctor to ask specifically what is and what is not allowed. While we expect to get clearance around the six week mark, there have been many Sisters who leave that appointment disappointed that they have to wait another week or two...or more. Engaging in sex too soon carries risks. My doctor's orders were very clear when I was discharged from the hospital--nothing in the vagina and complete pelvic rest.

Here's a link to information which is important to read: Post-Op Intimacy.

Best wishes to each of you for a safe recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register