Any Golfers Out There? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any Golfers Out There? Any Golfers Out There?

Unread 06-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Any Golfers Out There?

My TAH is scheuled for 6/27/2005. I am an avid golfer. When I asked my doctor about when I could resume playing, golf, he told me when my body feels ready to play! I haven't a clue as to what to expect. Anybody out there have any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2005, 06:29 PM
Any Golfers Out There?

I also am a golfer and I was concerned about this in pre-op.

At my 5 week check up, my doc said I can resume all activities. At 7 weeks, I went to the driving range to hit my 3 wood, 7 iron, and my pitching wedge. After about three to four full swings with my 7 iron, I knew I wasn't ready! ARGH!

By the way, I have had a great recovery (had an abdominal SAH) and really didn't think it would be a problem to practice/play again. But, I think I need to wait a while longer

My best advice would be to see how you're feeling...when the time comes! You're still a little ways out from golf, but like I said, I also had the same concern. I honestly don't think I will be playing anytime soon...and when I finally do (I'm thinking maybe towards the end of Summer) I will more than likely take it wasy and do 9 on an executive course

Take care...I wish you the best on your surgery/recovery.

Best wishes.
Unread 06-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Any Golfers Out There?

Hi,
I asked this question pre-op, too. If you go to the Post-op message boards and do a search, you'll find some threads with lots of ladies' experiences...most of which are encouraging by the way!
As for me, at three weeks post-op (TAH), I think I could do some chipping and putting for sure, but I can't imagine walking more than a couple of holes. I can't believe how tired I get after going out for a walk.
Hope this is helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Any Golfers Out There?

I first started walking the full course with my DH at 6 weeks. I took my putter only at first. This has really helped my game a lot, how often do you just practice your short game? The next week I took my wedge and did some chipping and hit from 100 yards as well. At 8 weeks I played a full 18 holes with all my clubes. I swung easy and made sure to do stretches before hand. I actually played better because I didn't swing as hard. Last weekend I played 3 days in a row and loved it. It was great not having to run to the bathroom every chance I got because of heavy bleeding. Listen to your body and swing easy. It's amazing how far the ball goes when you don't hammer it!

I walked every day beginning the day after surgery. I started with 10 minutes every hour and worked my way up to 3 hours of walking a day. I enjoyed my relaxing time, reading, watching TV and no stress. All this has definately helped my golf game. I can't tell you how great I feel, I have so much energy. Even though you I took iron for enemia it isn't the same as your iron being regular on it's own. Now that I'm not anemic I can't beleive how great I feel.

My advise for all sisters for any future activites; take care of you, drink cranberry juice, lots of water, eat well, be as lazy as you want and walk often.

Have fun golfing when you decide to venture out!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register