Post Op Groin Pain??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Groin Pain??? Post Op Groin Pain???

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Hi again

I was just wondering if anyone has or is experiencing pain in their groin post op.

I had my surgery 18 days ago and when I woke up in the recovery room, I had excruciating groin pain and immediately requested pain medication. I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this was unbearable. My surgery lasted over 3 hours so I figured it was from my legs being stretched for so long. When I stood up later that day, I bent over to pick something up and it felt like my leg was going to collapse.

The pain has never completely gone away but gets worse at times. Today is one of those days. It goes in to the top of my thigh and pulls at my lower abdomen somewhat.

I figured this was normal but when I searched through some old threads, I am wondering if it is normal? I know I am not in the greatest shape but it seems to be dragging on to long.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Have you called your Doctor? Not to upset you but I would be concerned about the potential of a blood clot. Other than that do you have a bad back? Sometimes back pain can cuase a lot of groin pain. I have a bad back so this I know. My DH had a prior blood clot so I know about the groin.

Anyway, good luck. Please let us know how you make out.
Unread 04-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Maybe it is from your legs being in stirrups or a pinched nerve. Have you called your Dr to see what they have to say? I personally haven't had this hopefully other sisters will be along with the same experience. Hope you feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

I had terrible groin pain on the left side for 3+ weeks post op. I finally went to my chiroprator after my doctor said it was probably muscle spasms. I feel MUCH better after seeing the chiro. The groin pain is still there, but very manageable. I'm going to see her next week for another adjustment. I wish I had done it sooner.

Gigi
Unread 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Hi and thanks for the responses

Yes Mercredi, I do have a bad back and it has been a little worse since the surgery but I learned to deal with that after I originally injured it. That aggrivation seems to be on the right side whereas the groin pain is on the left. I have to be so careful when I bend over because it feels like I am going to fall!

I have a follow-up appointment next week so I will run it past the Dr. then. Hopefully it is just a muscle pull and will get better. If not, I may have to see the chiropractor.

It so weird how I could feel so good and then feel rotten...I guess it is the nature of the beast! lol

Thanks again
Unread 04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Have them check your sacroiliac joint - my dr overextended my right leg and now lucky me gets to have cortisone shots.
Unread 04-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Post Op Groin Pain???

Hi luvariel
It's funny that you mention the sacroiliac as that is where my original injury was.
I will definately get it check again.

Thanks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register