LAVH 11 days post op hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

11 days post op hysterectomy 11 days post op hysterectomy

Unread 09-06-2014, 07:14 PM
11 days post op hysterectomy

Hi this is my first post- I travelled out of state to have my total vaginal hysterectomy laparscopic robotic (not quite sure of correct prefix)!
Been home and trying to get settled! Did not have a bowel movement for 5 days - was convinced I had a bowel obstruction- my stomach was so hard and distended! But after increasing my peri-colace, miralax, peppermint tea, coffee, warm compresses, water, and fresh fruit-- success!!! Every day a little better but pretty slow progress- still get exhausted few times a day! Haven't done anything except small walks, shower, eat, and sleep! By 5 pm my stomach gets really hard and distended (gas? ???)-- my belly button is pretty sore and tender- bump of stitches right above it is really tender
I am moving much more but can't imagine when I will be able to sleep in my side or stomach again! Even on my side it feels like my stomach is filled with bricks and pulling- so onto my back I go!
I gained 7 pounds from the procedure (my dr. Said it was all from operative gases and iv fluids and more noticeable because I'm slender)... Took almost a week but now I'm a pound below my starting pre-op weight. Family and friends supportive but don't get it! I know they thought I'd be back to "normal" by now... Don't believe me this could be a long process- very frustrating! I might also have some other pulmonary and/or auto immune problems so I have appts for this when I go back for my 4 week follow up... Just trying to take a day at a time. Anyone else making progress ... But slow and not just all better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Re: 11 days post op

Hello,

Everything you posted seems just about on target for someone who just had a hysterectomy. I encourage you to post on the Recovery Thread for those who had a hysterectomy Aug 25-31 found here for additional support for your recovery.
Unread 09-06-2014, 07:41 PM

I thought I had posted there! I'm having trouble with this site...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2014, 08:32 PM

Drjase it's okay to post here in post op as well. I'm happy to hear that you are progressing well. Please listen to your body especially if you may be dealing with pulmonary issues. Don't hesitate to be seen if something doesn't feel right.

Here is a link to HysterSisters Website Tutorial that you may help you maneuver the site a little better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register