Frustrated with hubby...and when can I clean? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated with hubby...and when can I clean? Frustrated with hubby...and when can I clean?

Unread 08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Re: Frustrated with hubby...and when can I clean?

Good to hear you're feeling a little better. As far as dinner order some pizza and give each of the little ones a wash cloth. Send them to bed in a fresh T-shirt from your husbands draw. Done.
An unbalanced meal and being a little grubby won't do them any harm. If need be pile everyone into your bed and watch TV. Let your husband move everyone when he gets home. That or relocate to the little beds if need be.
For the time being your new household schedule is do what Mom feels like doing, the way Mom feels like it and when Mom feels like it. Are you getting the idea? Then when Dad is home the rules are do what Dad feels like doing, the way Dad feels like it and when Dad feels like it. As long as the kids are supervised, feed, dressed and happy - nothing else matters.
Happy Healing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM

I'm sorry you had a rough patch there. It really is a combo of the surgery, hormones and having to put your superwoman cape away for awhile . I usually feel the same way but not so much thru this recovery but I don't have any kids, so that makes things much easier for me.
I think light dusting is totally fine. That doesn't mean lifting heavy items to dust underneath them though. I think doing laundry is fine as long s you don't carry the heavy clothes to or from the laundry room. I was able to do all of things I normally do with the exception of the floors. I didn't do it all at once either. Maybe dust today. A load of wash tomorrow, etc. If it seems too much, then stop. When my dr. told me I'd be back at the gym in 6 wks and I seemed surprised, he said "you're not going to be bedridden for 6 wks". I took that to mean that I could be up when I felt good and taking care of small, light tasks. It helped my mental wellness and that was important to me.

p.s. If you find a store that sells wives though, please let me know
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:42 PM

It's easy to think that you can handle more than you should especially if you are feeling good...but remember that you are healing internally as well. As for your DH, hopefully he will back off and realize that you do need his help. HUGS to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Just wanted to add a piece of advice someone posted some time ago. Don't get dressed. Stay in pj's and then no one will assume that you're feeling better. I made the mistake of looking well right off the bat and I think my husband sometimes forgot I'd just had major surgery.
Unread 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM

I am feeling the exact same way! My DH and son were soooo great the first two weeks, but now everyone is at work and back in school and here I sit, staring at a dirty house! UGH! I did break out the feather duster yesterday. Then since I have bought a little 2 pound "Shark" vacuum for just this purpose, I walk it back and forth across the floor. No push or pull, just more good healthy walking.

I was also getting very concerned by DH being distant as well. Finally, a couple of nights ago, it was getting me down, so I confronted him about it. He came clean that, with the weight I've lost (8 pounds), he doesn't want to come too close because we can't be "frisky" for a few more weeks! Sweet, in a funny way. Now I'm having a hard time not thinking about it too! This is a long wait!

I hope you are all hanging in there! Hugs to you all!
Unread 08-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Good example of not being able to read someone's mind. Kudos to you for asking him directly what the problem was.
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:59 AM

My DH was being a little frustrating to me too, he expected me to just be able to jump up and do whatever. And yes "take care of him" I started having my friends over they wanted to visit me so I said come on over. When I mentioned it to him he was like the house is a mess I said yep and I guess youd better get busy and pick it up. When I told him my sisiter was going to come over and clean for me, he was like no way and got to work. I guess if company comes over its a different story. So, yes I keep people around alot and will until I can do for myself. I figure, I have done everything for him for a long time its my turn now.
Unread 08-29-2009, 08:41 AM

How are things going? Any better?

vernors13 you are absolutely right about the company rule! We are a household of six. I discovered a long time ago that (thankfully) DH and kids will do the right thing and get the house cleaned if company is coming. I wish they would understand I beg for a clean/tidy house for me. But I take what I can get. They have different standards than I do and do not see the same mess I do.
Hang in there ladies
Unread 08-29-2009, 11:23 PM

well yes things are going very well, of course it took an arguement but I won see, i have 2 kids as well as my hubby, the kids are older and i do not see why they cant get up and do things for a while. I mean, hey they live here too and i have done it forever, and work. I dont feel bad expecting them to do the cleaning, for crying out loud they have divided what i do 3 ways! i think i will just play this out for all its worth. i am on vacation
Unread 08-30-2009, 09:40 AM

Yeah, I'm dealing a little better too. 2 days ago I had a phenomenal day and learned about doing too much when you're feeling good. Yesterday I was a weepy mess most of the day and he just worked around me. He admits to being frustrated and not knowing what he's suposed to do, and he is scared of hurting me so that's why I don't get hugs when I'm boo hooing or snuggles or anything at all. hehehe last night though, he came to bed and his feet found my feet and gee, if I could have.....I WOULD HAVE. Who knew that playing footsie would wake me up that way.
I decided that if I just take one day at a time and do what I need to do to get through that day and remember to be thankful for what I do have and pray that the next mood swing is gentle on me.
Yesterday was the first day that I was crying and thinking that perhaps I would have put this off longer and dealt with the initial pain until...you know...the kids were in college or at least out of the house or something. Tomorrow so far it's me and the kids here from wake up til dinner time. I'll be 2 weeks out from surgery. I have percocet if it gets to be too much.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register