TAH Post-op almost 1 month | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-op almost 1 month Post-op almost 1 month

Unread 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Post-op almost 1 month

Hello everyone!

I want to start out by saying how awesome this site is! I think it is a great tool for people that need help and have questions...so I am almost 1 month post-op since my TAH. I am only 28 so I am not sure what is normal. The surgery went well but I did have complications after and ended up with a hemotomma but the recovery has been good. Moving around a little easier these days. Although I have had 2 things that I noticed......I am having a little bit of pink blood that I see when I wipe after using the restroom..is that ok??? The other thing is at the site of my incision. It looks a little red and has like a yeast type look to it, I am not a skinny person so I think this might be because of where I sweat, please if anyone has any info on this, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Re: Post-op almost 1 month

Hi CLynne84 and welcome! I think this is an awesome site also. I found it the day before my surgery 6 months ago. It has been a great help and support for me.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. As for your incision since it has a yeast type look to it, maybe you should call your doctor and explain what it looks like and he should let you know if you should be seen or not, better to be safe. A little spotting is normal, if it becomes heavy and soaks a pad, call your doctor. You can also ask about it, when you call to check about your incision. I wish I could have been more help with answering your questions.

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Thank you very much for your help. I did call the doctor and she said its because I am still babying my incision when I shower. She said I need to scrub it since my incision is closed anyway. I guess I am still a little cautious about it....but thank you for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM

Glad you found us and I'm so glad you find the site helpful!! It was an absolute God-send for me!!

I'm glad to hear that you called your about your incision. It sounds like it was nothing to worry about, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.

As far as your bleeding (spotting) is concerned. That is normal as well. It is very common for women to have some light bleeding around the 2-5 week mark as that is when the internal stitches are starting to dissolve. As long as the bleeding is not heavy (like a period), it is usually nothing to worry about. Most doctors do an internal exam at around 6 weeks where they will be able to check the vaginal cuff to ensure it is healing properly. Sometimes if it is healing a little slower, there can be some light bleeding.

I'm so happy that you are doing well other than those issues. I hope the rest of your recovery continues to go well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register