2 weeks post-op and have a question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post-op and have a question 2 weeks post-op and have a question

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
2 weeks post-op and have a question

I'm 2 weeks tomorrow. Want to know how you feel when you get up. Like stand up and walk? I have to hold my belly pouch. I have like this belly that pooches out and I have to hold it or it hurts worse if I don't. If I try to just walk around witout holding it, it feels funny and hurts. So I walk around with one hand on my belly for support. I am wondering if this is going to continue?? Does anyone else feel like this ?? I just got taken off my Darvacet pain pills too, so that doesn't help. Trying to take just Aleve or something like it. Should I be wearing something to support my belly??
Thanks for your help!!
Debbie
TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 01:58 PM

Debbie,

I think what you are experiencing is pretty normal. Most lower abdominal surgery provides us with a pooch as we are swollen from all the work that has been done. Give yourself some more time to allow the inflammation to subside. If holding yourself in helps, then absolutely do it. I still find myself holding my belly and it has been two months for me since my repair. I hear that swelly belly belt is a wonderful thing for holding yourself in as you walk around.

Best of luck with your recovery,

Patti
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:06 PM

I think it's perfectly normal. I'm 5 weeks today and that feeling stopped for me around week 3 once some swelling started going down. Holding my belly helped too, so do what feels good for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 02:08 PM

I still feel the same way too! The internal pain that occurs while trying to get up or down from a seated position does not seem to have improved. It still feels like a truck is trying to drive out of my vagina. I still haven't made it one day without any pain meds. You are not alone!
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:09 PM

I'm not quite two weeks yet, but wanted to contribute that the SwellyBelly Band, although an expensive purchase for me, is an amazing life-safer! They ship it quickly, and it is far superior to any ice pack - no matter how it's shaped.

I hope you feel better soon!!!
Unread 06-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Thank you ladies

I just wanted to know if this is normal. You have all made me feel just that. I was given a large belly band at the hospital, but it is so uncomfortable to just sit or lay around. I'm not up enough to really want to put it on. I will be patiant and hope the swelling goes down soon. Thanks again, Debbie
Unread 06-19-2006, 10:33 PM

It'stime, How are you doing now? We had our Hyst the same date and I was wondering how you are feeling? Thanks for the reply to this last week, you made me feel good to know that I was not the only one feeling that way. Still am having that feeling of having to hold my belly. I am tring to wear supportive undies and that helps, but then makes me feel uncomfortable. Hope you are doing well!!!
Unread 06-19-2006, 10:59 PM

I am 3-1/2 weeks PO from LAVH (4 small incisions) and I still have to hold my belly sometimes. I have a few of the squishy pillows (the ones that have tiny foam beads in them like the old bean bag chairs) that I put between my seatbelt and belly when I am riding in a car or to hold on my belly when I go to the bathroom. They are also great for putting between the heating pad and my thighs when I have to put the heating pad on my tummy (holds the heating pad is good position against my tummy). It is still very uncomfortable for me to ride down some rodes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register