Getting a Surgery Date? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting a Surgery Date? Getting a Surgery Date?

Unread 11-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Getting a Surgery Date?

I just went to the Dr yesterday and we decided on a hysterectomy and I assumed he would be in contact with in the week with a surgery date. I then started reading some post on here and it seem like it can take week to months to get a surgery date. Is that more accurate of an assumption?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Re: Getting a Surgery Date?

I think it depends on what kind of surgery you are having and the doctors and hospitals schedule.

If you are having the Davinci surgery, it might take a little longer to schedule because of availability of the robot.

My Dr. told me that I would be called before the end of the week to schedule. I saw her on a Wed and they called me on Friday to schedule. The Dr. originally told me that surgery would be in 2-4 weeks. But in reality, when they called me to schedule, the only day that the Davinci machine wasn't booked before the end of the year was 12/18, which meant I had to wait 7.5 weeks for my surgery.

When I questioned the scheduler as to why so long a wait, she explained that other surgeons use the robot, so they have to wait on when there is an opening...
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:26 PM

I waited a while for a date. The day of my surgery I found out it was canceled. So I had surgery the next day. It depends on things. Hopefully your date will be soon! Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM

I am currently waiting for a date as well. I saw my doctor the end of October and because of other dr.'s using the OR and the davinci robot I have to wait until the end of Jan. possible Feb!!!! I hope my body will let me wait that long without more symptons!! By comparison, another doctor in another practice told me the wait would only be 3 weeks to a month...he would not be doing daVinci.
Unread 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM

i called 2 doctors and they both had dates available as early as a wk from now. i think it's based on their schedule and surgeries/OR rooms scheduled at the hospital they work at.
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Thank u for all ur responses ! I am thinking the date will be awhile away now from what I expected . I am gonna try to call the office by next week and see if they can ballpark it for me . I am getting married and march and would like to have enough time to recovery before then ...
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:26 PM

I just went to the doctor on Monday and he said that my surgery would take place in early December and that someone from his office would call in a few days with the actual date of surgery. She called an hour later but the earliest date she could give me was January 7!! I'm not having DaVinci.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register