after effects of hysterectomy...by stephen king | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

after effects of hysterectomy...by stephen king after effects of hysterectomy...by stephen king

Unread 11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
after effects of hysterectomy...by stephen king

i am going to have my hysterectomy because i do not have a
choice, however, i would like to "share my fears" and concerns
over something i just read. i found it on one of the links on this
website under "after effects of hysterectomy". they polled 641
women and 77 percent of those women reported change in
personality, no sex drive, no feeling in various sexual 'PARTS,
(won't get specific, but the important ones) and all of them
reported lack of stamina and energy. i really hope that
those symptoms went away, and that the poll's results were
not permanent symptoms of a hysterectomy. my personality
AINT that great anyway, so any downward motion and i will
be a sociopath! it really isn't fair for us to have to go through
years of bleeding and pain and then get a hysterectomy,
and wellahhhh...a brand new set of problems. i am already
on a mood stabilizer, so maybe that will help with the
possible personality change. sorry this post was so long,
i will try to be more brief in the future love you all
whatsnchiknugts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2003, 05:57 PM
personality contest

I like this, how about we form a motorcycle gang for fellow sisters who are also close to that fine personality line!
Unread 11-03-2003, 06:03 PM

Hi

I'm 8 weeks post op. I'm getting razzed at work because I've changed so much since my surgery...yep....I sure have. I'm in a good mood all the time and smiling a lot of the time. That's because I'm not in pain all the time and bleeding like Niagara Falls.

No sex drive? That doesn't apply here, unless things change. I have more of a sex drive than before....that's because I'm not in pain all the time and bleeding like Niagara Falls.

I have feeling in all the parts that matter. My tummy has an area that is numb, but most of that area was numb before from my C-sections.

Stamina and energy? I'll admit that I'm not up to what I was before, but it's building daily. I can tell the difference in a huge way week by week.

Good luck to you, too.
s
Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Oh Yes, attudes adjusted free of charge

LOl......... Maybe I could ask for an attitude adjustment, while they are rummaging away 'down there'

Luckily my gyni has a weird sense of humour too. Rght down to calling me the night before my D & C and pointing out that she knew where I lived so she expected me to show up! I retaliated by writing a rude message to her on my pubes. Apparently there wasn't a dry eye in theatre. Only thing is, I am now short of an idea for the hyster. I need a practical joke to set the tone of the proceedings........ My sister suggested a strategically placed party blower. i must say I quite facny that one!
Unread 11-03-2003, 06:53 PM
after hysterectomy

Hi. I am five months post op. Sex is soo much better! The only thing I've noticed is that I seem to have gained about six pounds I cannot drop. Don't know if that's hysterectomy-related or not but my stomach is definitely bigger than before. I kept my ovaries and cervix so am not going through menopause yet. As for energy---I have plenty and it's great not having to go to the bathroom every ten minutes.
Unread 11-03-2003, 06:57 PM

whatsnchiknugts

I think you should throw that survey out the window or line your kitty litter box with it. There isn't anything in my nether region that doesn't have feeling, if you know what I mean. I think when the time comes for sex it will blow my head clean off. I feel great and have been SO happy since my surgery with the exception of one day. But that day is gone and I'm back to being SO happy again. That's how it changes your personality. Also, your significant other should watch it when you are released for sex, you might turn into an animal and wear him down. As for energy, I have too much. My DH has trouble settling me down sometimes. I want to clean and do things for myself. I love it. I have never felt better in my life and that is no exageration.

Just a hint. Don't believe everything you read in surveys. Sometimes they are made by very biased people.
Unread 11-03-2003, 06:59 PM
rude messages

HAHAHAH!!!! i almost fell out of my chair laughing at you,
yoda's cousin!! gave me a couple of ideas of my own
to do on my surgery date 11-03. let's see...i could
draw a target, a bullseye, or write 'HANDLE WITH
CARE' or ..."bad uterus for sale $1 firm" ...
yes, i think i will write a message to my surgeon too.
maybe if i make them laugh they will be more prone
to take better care of me, haha
it's worth a shot!
Unread 11-03-2003, 07:01 PM

There are close to 700,000 hyster-type procedures each year. I wonder where they got the sample for this data, and if they didn't already have some of the same problems before.

It doesn't say what kind of personality change, which I think mine is for the better, as I am happier than I have been in over 5 years.

As for the fatigue and energy, I drink more coffee, and would trade that side effect in a second for what I gave up in return.

The tolerance level in all of us is different. I reached a breaking point....

This site helps evaluate and prepare.

Good Luck.
Unread 11-03-2003, 07:10 PM

If you go to the bookstores (i.e., B&N), you'll also find that there are very few books on hysterectomy. And the ones that are there are very anti-hysterectomy. I was blown away by this. However, I did notice that there were a bazillion books on menopause. Wonder why that is.

I wouldn't use one survey or set of statistics or the number of pro- (or even anti-) hysterectomy books to help you and your doctor decide what is right for you.

Statistics are are simply facts about people who have done something in the past in a certain way. Why do stock brokerages always say that past performance is no guarantee of future earnings, but people "glom" onto a survey like it's the gospel truth for everyone in the future?

(Getting down off soapbox now)

BTW, I am almost 2 weeks post op and feel more amorous (sp?) toward my husband than I have in years (not that I can do much about that yet .. but you get the idea).
Unread 11-03-2003, 07:19 PM
we may be on a roll here

" Bad uterus for sale"

I love that one....... well done. how about " free to good home"

Actually my sensible DH has put the kybosh on the party popper up the wazzoo as he pointed out that they contain gunpowder, and no one wants their wazzoo in flames on the operating table . So, I was thinking about a glitter pen and one of the self contained lights that use a chemical reaction.. I absolutely have to ensure that they remember my'bits' as 'bits' of style and substance!!

I am still laughing over the bad uterus. Perhaps we weren't strict enough with our uteri (sp?) and they have all gone wayward on us. If we had only sent them private schools. Oh way guffaww!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register