Surgery it is.. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery it is.. Surgery it is..

Unread 03-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Surgery it is..

So.. I met with my doc yesterday to review all of my results and talk about how the Lupron made me feel (they did that as a test to see if much of my pain would be removed by also taking my overies).

So.. they are scheduling me for TAH BSO and cervix removal soon.

He also said that due to my surgical history that he will not be able to do the "bikini" cut, but rather a vertical incision up to my belly button. He said to expect to be in the hospital for 4 or so days..

So.. any thoughts/hints/stories? anyone have a vertical incision? I have had 2 open "bikini" cuts but not this.

He is also checking with the plastic surgery folks to see if while he is cutting me they can get rid of my "pooch" at the same time.. be he also said that he feels that this will be a significant surgery and that it may be best to have any "tummy tuck" done as a seperate surgery???

I am both excited and nervous.. excited to just move past all this.. nervous as surgery always has risks.. I love my babies and would hate to not be here for them..

Ok.. wish me luck..

Mandy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Surgery it is..

Good luck!!
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Surgery it is..

I had a vertical incesion. I was worried about it before but has not been a problem. I have also wanted to have a tummy tuck and I wish now that I would have looked into it. Reading on this site other women who have had it done at the same time sounds like a good idea. But at this time I am not going to go back in for any more surgery so I would suggest that they try to do both at the same time. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Surgery it is..

Hi mb40sn,
I am scheduled for the exact same surgery on the 21st of March. The only difference is this is the 6th time they have gone thorugh the same vertical incision for different things. (I also have Crohn's Disease, and ended up with an ostomy.) The only suggestion I have is to have things available to support your belly, especially when rolling over in bed and coughing or sneezing. I will let everyone know my story and post op experience when I get home. Good luck to all Sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register