What do you do on the emotionally bad days? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What do you do on the emotionally bad days? What do you do on the emotionally bad days?

Unread 06-17-2013, 09:24 PM
What do you do on the emotionally bad days?

I am almost a year post-op from a full Abdominal Hyster. Most days I'm perfectly fine and my family has even commented that I am nicer than I was before the surgery. lol And like I said, most days I am fine. But then there are days like today (which are luckily few and far between). Every little thing is setting me off and I feel very stressed and out of control of myself. All I want to do is crawl under a blanket and not come out till morning. Anyone else have days like this? What do you do? I don't want to take HRT but wondered if there was something more natural I could do? Exercises? Essential Oils? Anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Re: What do you do on the emotionally bad days?

Hi Sharon, sorry you're having an iffy day. I haven't had any of these for a while but when i did used to get them i found it useful to a) recognise i am having a bad day (which you do), b) accept with myself that i should not in anyway feel guilty, this only adds to the stress and c) try and get outside into the fresh air, even if it is pouring hard and go for a quiet walk. Whilst i didn't return a new woman, i found just walking and taking in my surroundings just helped me switch off a little. I don't know if thats any help but know you are in my thoughts, this will pass and the sun is just over the horizon. Stay strong.
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM

Thanks. You know it's weird because today is a good day. Not at all moody, in a good mood, productive, happy, etc. Yesterday was bad though.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:54 PM

Hi Sharon , If you have managed not to go on any hrt that is awesome. Try to focus on the good days. Im not sure If you are having all the other symptoms with menopause,but if you have got this far its amazing. Go girl!!
Unread 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM

Everyone gets down at times. There are several things I do: prayer, exercise, and do something for myself whether, it is shopping, reading, going to lunch with a friend, start a new hobby, etc.

Hope you feel better soon.

Unread 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM

I am 5 months post TAH, no hormones as of yet. I am also having an off day. I felt irritable as soon as I woke up! Then I ha to run a bunch of errands in the 105 degree heat, while having hot flashes. It seemed every single person on the road was driving terribly, I was out of packing tape, I run an online business, so I had to stop and get tape and packing peanuts and the line at the shop I go was huge, then I realized I forgot my credit card at my Dr's office yesterday and had to go pick it up. When I arrived it was their lunch hour and were not there so I had to wait. Then I went to stop to pick up lunch for my boyfriend and I got a new employee who didn't know how to run the register. I felt like my blood pressure was soaring and I was going to either burst into tears or strangle the poor girl. hahaha. Sometimes I wonder why I get out of bed. Luckily I spoke to my Dr yesterday about my increasing anxiety issues and she gave me something for those days when everything is toooooo much. I am feeling a little more relaxed but still weepy. I feel for you!!!! Pm if you need to vent because I would sure love someone to ***** too also, lol
Unread 06-25-2013, 01:49 AM
What do you do on the emotionally bad days?

I think that kind of day would put anyone in a bad mood. I think I would have put me in a hole wanting to scream and CRT all at the same time. *sigh*
  Quote:
Originally Posted by justjessica View Post
I am 5 months post TAH, no hormones as of yet. I am also having an off day. I felt irritable as soon as I woke up! Then I ha to run a bunch of errands in the 105 degree heat, while having hot flashes. It seemed every single person on the road was driving terribly, I was out of packing tape, I run an online business, so I had to stop and get tape and packing peanuts and the line at the shop I go was huge, then I realized I forgot my credit card at my Dr's office yesterday and had to go pick it up. When I arrived it was their lunch hour and were not there so I had to wait. Then I went to stop to pick up lunch for my boyfriend and I got a new employee who didn't know how to run the register. I felt like my blood pressure was soaring and I was going to either burst into tears or strangle the poor girl. hahaha. Sometimes I wonder why I get out of bed. Luckily I spoke to my Dr yesterday about my increasing anxiety issues and she gave me something for those days when everything is toooooo much. I am feeling a little more relaxed but still weepy. I feel for you!!!! Pm if you need to vent because I would sure love someone to ***** too also, lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register