back and stomach spasms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

back and stomach spasms back and stomach spasms

Unread 08-04-2004, 09:03 AM
back and stomach spasms

Okay - I'm going to try this one more time. I keep posting to the wrong place. Has anyone else had trouble with back and stomach spasms and if you have, do you have any suggestions to help relieve the aggravation. I was diagnosed on July 15 with a pelvic mass and since that time have had an ultrasound and a vaginal ultrasound which revealed a tumor on my left ovary 16.5 x 7 cm. I have my first appointment with the surgeon/oncologist on the 12th of August. To say the least, I am a little worried but just want to get this show on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2004, 09:28 AM
back and stomach spasms

Hi Susan
Could you maybe be a bit more specific about these "spasms"? Are you talking about muscle cramping? Or do you mean just really sharp pains every once in awhile.

I've suffered from both types. What I have found helped with the muscle pain was those wonderful little disposable heating pads called Heat Therapy. They are made by Playtex, and are usually found next to the sanitary supplies at Walmart. You put one on your undies against your back, and oh let me tell you, it really does help relax the muscles.

If you can be more specific about the type of pain you're experiencing, maybe I can offer more suggestions.

Much love
Northlights
Unread 08-04-2004, 09:34 AM
spasms

Well, the first time I felt the spasm it was a sharp pain on the left side that felt like it went quickly through my body and came out of my left foot. Very strange. This subsided and then a couple of days later, I made the mistake of bumping into a table while working and this caused pain in the abdomen and through the back. So now I'm very careful. But for the past couple of days it just felt like a hot spot on the left side of my back. Yes, I did try the stick on heat pads and they really did seem to help. I wasn't sure if Ibuprofin helped or not. I'm not currently taking any pain meds or vitamins at least until I talk to the doctor next week. Thanks for your response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-04-2004, 09:39 AM
back and stomach spasms

Ouch! sounds painful. I did have that sharp pain that shot down my leg quite often. According to my doc it was scar tissue pressing on a nerve. Unfortunately that kind of pain doesn't respond too well to pain meds.

If you're having cramping and "hot spots" I would try some ibuprofin. It can't hurt (unless of course you're allergic to it).

Hope you get relief soon

s
Northlights
Unread 08-06-2004, 06:03 PM
back and stomach spasms

Hi Susan!

In the weeks prior to surgery, I experienced what I call "muscle spasms" in my mid to lower back. I told my doctor about it, and he prescribed Methocarbamol 500 mg, to take as needed. I thought it really helped! I think it might be wise to mention your spasm-type of pain to the next doctor you see...he or she should be willing to prescribe something to help. There is no reason you should have to suffer pain while waiting for your surgery date.

Best wishes and many s to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register