atypical cells and endometrial hyperplasia (Feb 2004) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

atypical cells and endometrial hyperplasia (Feb 2004) atypical cells and endometrial hyperplasia (Feb 2004)

Unread 05-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Hyperplasia with complex cells

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear of others that have, at least for now, postponed major surgery with more months of some form of progesterine. I will do more research before I go back for a follow up doctor visit next week.

I just started a new job in March and hate to leave for a month at this time!

To Margaret, congratulations on the progress towards your degree. It is never to late to finish and your last 2 classes will be completed so soon!

Best wishes to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2004, 11:20 AM
atypical cells and endometrial hyperplasia (Feb 2004)

hi pamela
thanks for sharing the post about megace. I had to have a hyst due to other things wrong with me and I too had hyperaplasia and was on megace from dec until march. Had a d and c and jan to get most of it out. When the pathology report came back it showed no signs of hyperaplasia. The dr who did the d and c said she did not get all the cells. That explains why my hyperaplasia was suddenly gone. I had adenomyosis and endometritis so I had no choice but this hyster. Gl and I hope the megace works for you. I was on the provera and it did nothing plus I had nasty side effects from it like memory loss,leg cramping, etc
take care and God bless!
teresa
Unread 05-29-2004, 04:09 PM
atypical cells and endometrial hyperplasia (Feb 2004)

Hi Lencath
I had my hysterectomy last June and it was due to endometrial hyperplasia with atypia. I had started out in Oct with a D&C at that time hyperplasia was found, took the progesterone and by Feb. it had turned to atypia, I was unable to have my surgery right away due to other health problems but when I finally had it in June 2003 it had turned to cancer was Stage1A cancer. I needed no chemo or radiation it was caught early had I waited I may not have been as lucky.

I just want you to know it may take months or years to change to cancer but it can also change within months. Atypia is a warning please act on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register