Fibroids - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Fibroids

Hi Oceanozzie,

Yes...I had some of those same symptoms with my fibroids. I had pelvic pressure all the time it seemed like. The middle of the afternoon was the worst. I had terrific bladder incontinence and I had to rush to the bathroom on the hour for a trickle. I also felt a hard spot above my pubic area when I laid down. And, it was hard to wear a seatbelt in the car because it made me very uncomfortable where the strap crossed my stomach area. And my energy level was so low. I felt 100 years old sometimes. Yikes..it was awful. My life was centered around taking care of fibroids and getting through heavier aunt flows because of them.

We can sympathize with you. You hang in there.

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Fibroids

My doc couldn't get all of my fibroids during the D&C with hysteroscopy, so I have a Mirena IUD. It's been one month today, and I think I have adjusted to the Mirena. The hope is that the localised progesterone it gives off will keep the fibroids from growing. I am 50 and just need to get to menopause so they will shrink on their own. All the best to you in your discernment!

And, PAULA! Blessings upon you for your surgery tomorrow! When you're up to it, come tell us how it went.
Unread 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Fibroids

Hi all,

I also developed my fibroid quickly, or rather it "took off" quickly - same as another poster mentioned - after my baby was born, my uterus never contracted and they discovered that my tiny fibroid first seen during pregnancy ultra-sounds had grown to softball size.

Fortunately, my Ob/Gyn is wonderful and never suggested a hysterectomy. He also put the Mirena IUD in and sent me to a radiologist who does UAE. The radiologist said even at softball size, I was a great candidate. But in all my internet searching for info on fibroids, I found a website called Energeticnutrition.com. I highly suggest you go there and cruise every available site and message board.

I have not seen anyone here, or read in your posting that you have been told what causes fibroids. They are from estrogen dominance. Your fibrocystic breasts are also from estrogen dominance. Birth control pills make all estrogen dominant conditions much worse.

I went on the regime suggested by Energeticnutrition and from Dr. John Lee's book "What your Dr. may not tell you about menopause" and I reduced my fibroid to golfball from softball. I went ahead with my myomectomy and now follow my estrogen reducing regime very religiously in order to keep the fibroids and fibrocystic breasts from every coming back.

Please do more research on the web (type fibroid into google) and see if you can try natural methods first. By the way, I am going to have my Mirena taken out and exchanged for an IUD with bio-identical progesterone as synthetic progestins are not good for you.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Fibroids

Hi Cozner4335!

Do you have a link for info on the bio-identical IUD? I'd like to run that by my GYN doc. Thanks!
Unread 01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
Fibroids

Kythe,

The link I used for info is:
http://www.gynob.emory.edu/familypla...ogestasert.cfm

The IUD is called Progestasert. The down side is it can only be in for 1 year, but with all the benefits of bio-identical or natural progesterone, it is worth it to me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register