2 weeks post op and back in hospital - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post op and back in hospital 2 weeks post op and back in hospital

Unread 10-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Re: 2 weeks post op and back in hospital

Anita, praying you get better soon. Such a scary thing to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Hello Anita! Just want you to know that I am sorry to hear that your recovery isnt going as expected but I will keep you in my prayers! Lots of hugs going your way!
Unread 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Beat advice I can give is to follow your gut. If you have concerns before Monday? Don't hesitate going to the ER. Sooner someone is working on it with you, the sooner you'll be better. This doesn't sound like something you want to mess around with.

Best wishes and keep us posted on how you are doing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2010, 11:56 AM

I hope you will be feeling better soon. I agree with the other in that if you can not wait until Monday go to the ER. Sometimes it is not best to wait. You know your body. It is so bad that things usually happen on weekends. I am sure there is a doctor on call though. Let us know how it goes. Best wishes to you.
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:16 PM

That's terrible what you girls are going through!! I hope this is not a fairly common thing that happens. I never heard that this was a remote possibility.

Anita522...you mentioned that you get belly pressure when you go pee....I get that too. I'm 12 days post -op and it's pressure that shoots down from like the belly button area to the pelvic bone. It's actually horrible pain when I have a full bladder.

What us women go through, I tell ya!! lol
Unread 10-03-2010, 12:34 PM

Anita, I had a hematoma as well, but it started draining on its own, thankfully. But before it drained, it got infected so I ended up with an infection 9 days post op. Thankfully, I didn't have to have surgery, though. So sorry to hear things aren't going the way you would like them to. Hope you get answers and relief soon!
Unread 10-03-2010, 08:28 PM

@ tnt thats what mine feels like when i pee but not only then it hurts when i cough sneeze walk sit stand go up my steps i have to crawl like up them...lol...at 12 days post i would have to say to maybe go get it checked out..if it was the first few days i would say maybe from catheter...thats what i thought mine was from or a UTI..from what ive read its fairly common to get a hematoma after surgery..my belly will hurt to touch also and its all pretty much at the bottom of my belly where my incision is but up inside my vaginal area it almost feels like my insides r gonna fall out when i stand up very painful...mine is also infected...i managed not to go to the er just becoz im being stubborn right now and dont want to but if i didnt have dr appointment tomorrow i would have went. so we will see what my dr says tomorrow morn i dont care if he wants to hold off and see if it goes away on its own as long as he gives me something stronger for he pain im already taking ex strength vicodin and there not working on it but when i was in the hosp last week i was getting morphine shots every 2 hours so that says how painful this can be....it just seems lik the light at the end of the tunnel is so dim and so far away right now...so frustrating and depressing
Unread 10-03-2010, 10:47 PM

Anita I just hope you feel better soon.
keep us posted.
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:12 AM

Anita...

I have my first post-op appointment this Thursday so hopefully I'll get answers. Your situation sounds pretty severe...Wow!!

In the middle of the night, I get woken up due to the pee related belly pain. I can't even describe it. There's no tinge of blood or odor so I have no clue. I still get the major gas pains like 24/7 and it's driving me nuts!!! The gas pains wake me up in the middle of the night and I'm eating very healthy as I always did. Gas-X has become my newest best friend...lol

Let me know what your doctor says....

I feel for ya girlfriend!! HUGS...
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:26 AM

Anita
Please let us know what happened at the doctors today. I am praying for you as well. Its too much to go through and I am sure you were not prepared for any of this. I just hope you have a great doctor and one that you can absolutely trust.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register