insomnia anyone? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

insomnia anyone? insomnia anyone?

Unread 09-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Re: insomnia anyone?

I'll agree, sleepy ovaries, no ovaries, basically lack of affects sleep patterns.

Let alone were lounging all day not racing around like our normal schedules.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2012, 09:53 PM

I am having a heck of a time falling asleep. Around 2 or 3, I finally fall asleep then am up at 6 or 7...and once I am up, I am up until 2 or 3 in the morning! I am going nuts! I can only handle so much internet, TV, reading....I am going nuts. I was fine up until about 10 days post surgery....I am hoping it gets better sooner than later!
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downandout View Post
Wow, I feel so very much awake and its 3 a.m. !
Been ready, resting, watching TV, had some hot flashes, still up.
Crazy, hope estrogen helps.
I have not had my period for ten years aand now cannot sleep either. Also hot flashes i never even had those when I went through menopause!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2012, 06:20 AM

TheLastDuchess-Love your HBB description! So funny!

I couldn't fall asleep until very late, for about 5wks. Last week I actually went to bed before 11, twice! Unfortunately as of this past weekend, I am back to having trouble falling asleep. Ugh. I was so close! Lol
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancfun View Post
TheLastDuchess-Love your HBB description! So funny!
LOL, thanks.... had a moment of inspiration.

I slept good, last night (likely due to being exhausted from the previous two night's insomnia!) so we'll see what tonight brings, I guess!
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:50 AM

I am averaging five hours of sleep a night. Not napping during day at all.
No matter when I fall asleep, I am up getting kid to school by 7:15 a.m.

Then, just up, can rest, but no nap.
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:32 AM

I've been keeping a sleep diary out of my own curiosity since September 1st. I have been waking up every hour to hour and a half. Haven't slept through the night since my surgery on August 14. Don't have night sweats, don't get up to pee, just wake up and roll over then go back to sleep. I started chemo 3 weeks ago and they prescribed Ambien. No change. Then they gave me Ambien CR. no change. Now I'm on Temazepam. No change. The best I could do was 3 Benadryl. That takes me 2 hours to fall asleep but I only wake up every 2 hours instead of every hour. I'm back to work part time and I'm pretty active during the day. This is crazy!
Unread 10-04-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey42 View Post
I've been keeping a sleep diary out of my own curiosity since September 1st. I have been waking up every hour to hour and a half. Haven't slept through the night since my surgery on August 14. Don't have night sweats, don't get up to pee, just wake up and roll over then go back to sleep. I started chemo 3 weeks ago and they prescribed Ambien. No change. Then they gave me Ambien CR. no change. Now I'm on Temazepam. No change. The best I could do was 3 Benadryl. That takes me 2 hours to fall asleep but I only wake up every 2 hours instead of every hour. I'm back to work part time and I'm pretty active during the day. This is crazy!
its the same for me....every two hours like someone set an alarm....it is the strangest thing. Yesterday at my 6 week check my dr asked if I needed a sleep study, I said no because its been since my surgery, otherwise before it I slept fine. I tried taking an over the counter but it just makes me groggy not sleepy. I take a muscle relaxer at bedtime and that still has no affect. Maybe our bodys are still in surgery mode and waking because of the anthesia...I don't know but I am tired of not sleeping...I feel like a vampire...
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM

NicinNC LOL I was thinking the same thing about HBB,what a bunch of Rednecks but I saw the same Episode When June said she knows that people make fun of her and her family but she didn't care. I kinda like the show now.......Did I say that out loud.

As far as my rampant insomnia I had my almost 5 week follow up, My Dr will out of the office the next 2 weeks ,and he said stitches are gone ,no restrictions except for no sex for another week. . I have chose to go on HRT the lowest does available. The night sweats and hot flashes are too much. I am doing pretty good for 5 weeks. I still get tired when I do too much .Hopefully that will get better. Love to all my sisters.

Unread 10-04-2012, 03:45 PM

that sounds like me last night i went to sleep woke up at 3.30am and i couldnt go back to sleep until 6.00am i am 5 weeks post op. lucky it is not every night

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register