feeling obsessed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling obsessed feeling obsessed

Unread 07-09-2007, 07:28 AM
feeling obsessed

I am scheduled for surgery, but not till Sept 12. It is so far off due to vacations already planned and a mother daughter weekend that I REALLY want to do with my 9 year old and her friends and their Moms. The problem is I think I am going to drive myself crazy until then. I have adenomyosis, pelvic congestion and stage 3 endo, I am planning to keep my ovaries. The first two weeks of my cycle are not that bad but I have some pain. During that two weeks I try to talk myself out of surgery. From ovulation till my period I am MISERABLE and I want surgery today. I feel like I am obsessed about the surgery. It is always on my mind, (of course the vacations help, but when I am at home it is always there) I know, I know ,stay busy. I do but it is always creeping in. I have the same fears as others, dying from surgery, blood clots etc.
Did any others out there feel like they thought about it constantly till it happened?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
feeling obsessed

Oh, my yes!! Everything revolves around "the surgery" or getting ready for "the surgery". And you know what....the waiting is probably the worst part. The surgery wasn't as bad as I had thought. I am 10 days post op and I feel really good mentally, the pain is minimal now the hard part is not to overdo because I feel so good.

Try to stay calm (okay, easier said than done) and keep a very positive outlook, it will help you in the long run.

I know what it is like to have to wait a long time. I went to the dr. in Dec. and had my surgery booked for June 30th!!!! But he is the best there is so it was worth the wait.

Liz
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
feeling obsessed

Oh my Lord, yes! I was obsessed, and on this website CONSTANTLY. Or otherwise researching my surgery, my surgeon, risks/complications, etc etc etc. Been there and done that!

Gigimay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2007, 11:17 AM
feeling obsessed

Still doing that and my surgery is 10 days away. It's normal...I hope. LOL

s
M
Unread 07-09-2007, 11:22 AM
feeling obsessed

I am VERY obsessed with my surgery. I also put off my surgery until after summer due to all the mini-vacations and plans we had lined up. I find myself counting down the weeks and have already started "nesting"... tell me why we need 3 cases of toilet paper?? My pantry and freezer are so full that things are starting to fall out when you open the doors. I think about what I will do with all my time off work, have made child care plans, started preparing my family for my surgery and what I will need extra help with etc etc etc... not sure what I will be like when surgery is only a week away!
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:15 PM
feeling obsessed

it is good to know I am not alone. I too spend a lot of time reading this site and researching adeno, endo etc on the computer. I am already thinking about all that needs to be done before surgery and while I am recovering. I know my husband thinks I am crazy. But, I have started some christmas shopping because with my surgery in sept with a 6 week recovery I can not wait to do all my shopping.
But, I guess all the planning and organizing keeps my mind off the intense pressure I am currently feeling in my lower back and pelvic area.
Hope I can make it to sept 12 without going crazy. I saw someone else had an Aug 29th, I guess we can keep each other company while we wait.....
My poor DH must be sooo tired of all the surgery talk. I just want to prepare him that my recovery will not be as speedy as my lap last year. I really do not think he "gets it". Like most women I do everything around here. Should be interesting.
Thanks for all the responses!
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:32 PM
feeling obsessed

me too!
I just got back from vacation which went surprisingly well...only really sick one day...but find my self totally obsessed cannot focus at work....and by the way i noticed today i feel worse then the whole vacation week so can stress make the cramps, aches etc worse???
11 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:39 PM
feeling obsessed

I'm patiently waiting as well. My surgery date is Sept 4th. I don't work, so that doesn't help w/ the time. I had a really rough cycle this month, so I am just really worn out from it. My DH informs me that he doesn't know how he is going to be able to take the week I have my surgery off because of being a busy time at work. I think we will see if my MIL will help out at least during the first week. Any way, I am so ready to get this over with, heck I am just looking forward to the pre-op appt in Aug, just to see exactly what is going to happen on the 4th. So I am in the same waiting boat as you all.
Unread 07-09-2007, 02:53 PM
feeling obsessed

I wish I had read this thread, prior to posting my own!! I am feeling everything my sisters here are feeling, good to know that I am not alone! I also am doing the "nesting" thing, very odd feelings right now!! When I do sleep, I have the strangest dreams and I find myself very nervous and anxious in general........

So Doodlebee (love that name!!) you are not alone, sounds like we all are "Obsessed"!!!! LOL!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register