LSH with bikini line incision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH  with bikini line incision LSH with bikini line incision

Unread 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM
LSH with bikini line incision

Hi, i had a LSH with incision and was wondering about your recovery (walking, vitamins, etc.). My uterus & fibroids (dr said basketball size) were enlarged. The small incisions were above my navel and slightly below my breast. Also, the 4 to 6 in bikini incisions.

Therefore, my recovery will be a little longer. Please let me know how you are feeling. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Re: LSH with bikini line incision

I had a simple SAH so no little incisions to contend with like you do. I had an above average recovery with a few weird things that turned out to be perfectly normal. I was off the morphine the day after surgery as I had no pain except for pulling from the incision. I walked one km four days after surgery but I had been walking 10km daily before surgery so I was in very good shape. I spent my time lying down reading, sitting at my computer, doing some walking every couple of days and generally letting my hubby treat me like a princess. Some of the odd things were the inconsistency of bowel movements and feeling my insides slide around when I moved. I also got heaviness when I stood for too long. I don't know what else to tell you aside that I was lucky and didn't have to back to work until 9 weeks post-op which was perfect for me.
You also need to know that no matter what surgery you had done, without any major complications, we are about 40% healed at six weeks, 80% at six months and it takes a full year for us to get back to 100%. So healing takes a long time and you need to listen to your body so it can do just that.
Unread 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Thank you, for the vital information. I am not due to go back to work until after Thanksgiving. No husband or kids, so i will rest as much as possible. Princess, I appreciate your feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM

I had an LSH on 9/16. Was out of the hospital on 9/17. Only took the prescription strength ibruprophen (sp?) for a few days after that, and mostly only at night.

I didn't really bleed, just some slight pink spotting and that stopped pretty early on.

I had no dietary restrictions. I was encouraged to walk early on & was cleared for all activity at about 2 weeks.

Good luck!
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Wow, that's Awesome! I picking up the walking.
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:57 AM

I think that the lack of a vaginal cuff and keeping the cervix- which means significantly fewer stitches - means that women that have an LSH may have a much easier time recovering.

That being said, because we tend to feel better sooner, we may also tend to overdo it! Listen to your body!! When it says rest, rest!

And listen to your doctor - everyone heals differently - and I had no other problems, no prior adhesions, no endo everywhere, etc, so I was cleared early on. Not everyone gets such early clearance.

I will say that I feel absolutely no pain & I have no bleeding - really I feel better than I have in years!!!! In fact, I think I had my first post-op cycle, but because of no bleeding, I'm not really certain. My skin acted up a bit this weekend & my breasts were a bit tender. I guess that was it?

Good luck and don't forget to take care of yourself.
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:06 AM

Thanks so much! I keep hearing the word "Don't Over Do it". I guess women have a hard time not being SuperWoman. I have to talk to myself to stay off the computer and just REST!
Unread 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM

Yes, that is pretty much it! I aspire to be Wonder Woman- I have always wanted a lasso of truth! Alas, I have had to settle for Elasta-Girl - being stretched in several directions....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register