Soon to have LAVH - BSO with A & P repair and bladder sling | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Soon to have LAVH - BSO with A & P repair and bladder sling Soon to have LAVH - BSO with A & P repair and bladder sling

Unread 07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Soon to have LAVH - BSO with A & P repair and bladder sling

And I'm getting nervous!

I'm 50 yrs old and have been living for years with uterine prolapse, leaky bladder, rectocele and cystocele. In the last couple of years I've been plagued with vaginal tissues that protrude out of the vagina causing an irritation that I'm really getting tired of living with - it's like having a continual yeast infection.

If it were just the leaky bladder, I could live with that. It's the tissue irritation that's the worst, followed by the effects of the rectocele, then the cystocele. But, I do have concerns about what life will be like after the initial healing period, and would welcome input from anyone else who's had what I've come to call "the works".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 12:40 PM

Boy - can I ever relate to what you wrote. That could have been my story. The irritation was really what drove me over the edge too.

I've had a wonderful recovery physically so far. My strength returned almost immediately and I resumed my normal life very quickly. My DR told me she was going to attempt the A&P repair, but that if the tissues weren't strong enough she would have to reinforce with mesh, which is exactly what happened. The Pelvisoft repair is the only thing that's caused me some problems. I found it extremely difficult to sit comfortably for the first few weeks, and even today am not comfortable sitting for long periods of time. However, I'm still having problems with granulation in the area of the mesh repair and feel like the sitting problem will improve once that finally heals. I've been very happy with the bladder repair. I can cough, sneeze, and exercise with no leaking at all. It's like a miracle to have dry underwear all day! I kept my overies, but had started menopause just before surgery and my overies didn't start back up. I was having terrible hot flashes and brain fog, but I'm taking a low dose of premarin now and found that fixed the problem. I'd be happy to talk with you some more if you want to PM me. I hope you have a smooth surgery and easy recovery.
Ashley
Unread 07-30-2005, 01:49 PM

Thanks Ashley My doc is planning to use the Pelvisoft as well. Boy, I hope it gets better for you in being able to sit. That may be a problem for me as well....Glad the bladder repair is working well for you, and thanks again for responding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2005, 02:02 PM

I'm sorry I don't have words of wisdom. I had a LAVH/BSO but not the other stuff. Just wanted to send a and lots of courage... I didn't have any but hopefully you will!
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the hug
Unread 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Lavh/bso

I Am Having Lavh/bso Sept. 23, For 2nd Degree Uterine Prolapse, Cyctecele, And Rectecele. Have You Heard Of Graphing, Instead Of Ap Repair? Thanx, Nervous
Unread 08-07-2005, 08:01 PM

Hi Sharon,
I'm wondering if you are thinking of "grafting". When mesh is used, the terms grafting, reinforcing or implanting are used with it. This is when material is woven into the vaginal tissues to reinforce it rather than simply overlapping the cut edges with the A&P method. If that is what you're asking about, there are a number of us who've had the repair.
Ashley
Unread 08-11-2005, 07:46 AM

I was going to have the surgery for the bladder repair..if fact I was scheduled for next week...but I have read so much about the bad things that I am now scared to death to have it...It was also the bladder sling..
Unread 08-12-2005, 11:52 AM

I Had My Bladder Lifted A Year Ago, And Now It Has Dropped Again. Nothing To Fear. You'll Be Alittle Sore, But Thats To Be Expected. I Am Having Lavh With Bso, And Ap Repairs, But The Doc Says I'm Still Fairly Young, 45, And He Wants To Try A New Procedure, So That It Lasts. Some Type Of Graphting. I Am Set For Sept. 23rd. Dont Be Worried, And Good Luck! Topo

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register