Am I the only one? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I the only one? Am I the only one?

Unread 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one?

Hi. I am day 8 of recovery from a TVH. I am having different feelings everyday. Today when I woke up everything hurt from head to toe like I had been working out. I slept terrible last night and have been sweating off and on like a pig. Woke up drenched. I have been having horrible pains right before BM time also. I've been trying not to take meds unless absolutely necessary so for the last 2 days have only taken 2 ibuprofen. All I do is lay around doing nothing besides watching a little tv here and there. I usually read all the time and have no urge. Everything is making me cry too. Even stupid commercials! Waaaaaa! Anyone else experiencing this fun with me and does it sound normal??? I need a nap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Re: Am I the only one?

Tinkfreek -

Sorry to hear about the night sweats, crying, no energy or attention span. You don't say if you kept your ovaries or not. If you didn't sounds like menopause has hit. If you did keep them, sounds like they aren't happy to have been messed with.

One thing you want to do is stay ahead of your pain. If your body is in pain it will direct resources to dealing with that instead of healing.

Unread 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM

No you are not alone. The first two weeks were the worst for me. Yes I will always remember the very bad low pelvic pains I experienced when needing to have a BM. It took well into my 2nd week before it eased. Most of the pain was associated with gas. Plus don't forget that your internal organs were pushed around.

As far as the meds were concerned I took the ibuprofen twice a day because they helped with the internal swelling & they work better when they are taken regularly. I completely stopped all meds by my 2nd week post-op visit.

I was awaken 2 nights in a row with hot sweats but wasn't sure if it was due to a fever or not. I did have a low grade fever of 100 & my doc said just to keep monitoring it & only be concerned if it was 101 for a few hours. Well it passed & neither the fever nor hot sweats came back.

Not sure what to say about the emotions but our bodies have been through a major change & our hormones, which also aid in our emotions, have to adapt.

I hope this helps. Hang in there. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2013, 09:17 PM

Thanks so much. I did keep the ovaries. I took a nap today and woke up drenched again. Ugh, so gross! Also I have this feeling like maybe I'm anxious or something. I am seriously a hot mess!
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:07 PM

Right there with you.
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Tink

Definitely sounds like your ovaries went into shock. Talk to your Dr sometimes they need a boost until they come back on-line and het accustomed to what all your body has been through.

Unread 03-21-2013, 08:43 AM

I too have night sweats..sometimes so bad i soak the sheets you definatly are not alone..by the way i kept one ovary...
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:58 AM

Just a suggestion until your ovaries wake up, evening primrose oil from the vitamin shop are a god send! Speak to your dr as this is what mine recommended until my one woke up after 3 weeks, it also helped with the sleep take care
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:00 PM

Just a reminder to let your Dr know if you add supplements and are on other medications. Never know when there might be some unexpected interactions.

Germaine
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Thank you everyone! I can't wait to feel better. I hope you are all feeling well! 💓

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register