10 weeks post hysterectomy & still very limited- normal? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 weeks post hysterectomy & still very limited- normal? 10 weeks post hysterectomy & still very limited- normal?

Unread 08-03-2016, 06:27 AM
10 weeks post hysterectomy & still very limited- normal?

I'm 10 weeks post op, had to have silver nitrate for granulation tissue at 8 weeks & will have to have a second treatment at 11 weeks (not looking forward to that at all!). I'm still feeling very sore - sharp pains & heavy painful pressure when I over do it - it doesn't take much eg. today I spent a couple of hours working in the office ( I mostly work at home thankfully as I can't sit there for very long without feeling very uncomfortable/ pain), swept the floor & did a few loads of washing and now I'm so sore and swollen I don't want to move. Is this normal at this stage? Husband is not being helpful & seems to think I'm exaggerating in order to make him do more ie: carrying wood from outside to put on the fire even though I keep telling him it makes me too sore. i can lift some of the small pieces but to carry them any distance is too much. Putting them into the fire isn't too good either but it's either that or freeze all day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Re: 10 weeks post hysterectomy & still very limited- normal?

Hello there

Take a deep breath sister. First of all, I am sure it is frustrating to have something occur that delays healing a bit. Though I have not experienced it personally, I am going to include this link:

Vaginal Cuff/Granulation

Also, encourage your spouse to go with you to one of those appts so he can hear what the doctor has to say in regards to your recovery process.

*hugs* One day at a time!
Unread 08-03-2016, 01:34 PM

My 1st question: Its August, its cold where you are???

Everyone heals at a different pace & especially since you were treated w silver nitrate, obviously your Dr is aware that you are not healed. Talk to your Dr how you are feeling. Its possible that your ovaries could be still off. Reduced estrogen causes fatigue. Talk to your Dr about what you feel comfortable & uncomfortable doing. If you feel pulls, strains then you should stop. Your body needs to recover. It's not up to you. Your body will let you know.

Walking is usually helpful. Modify your activities. Try not to lift. When I did laundry early on, I would grab a few pieces of laundry, walk to the washer, then another trip w a few more & so on. That way, I wasnt lifting. It may be early for you to sweep or vacuum. I had to put blinders on for a while to avoid seeing things at the house.The house will still be there. It will wait for you. Thats a good idea to bring your husband w you to Dr appt-as the other Sisters have stated..Theres a Mr Histers section on this site too..

Feel better, It does get better. ⚘⚘
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2016, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LailaStar View Post
My 1st question: Its August, its cold where you are???

Everyone heals at a different pace & especially since you were treated w silver nitrate, obviously your Dr is aware that you are not healed. Talk to your Dr how you are feeling. Its possible that your ovaries could be still off. Reduced estrogen causes fatigue. Talk to your Dr about what you feel comfortable & uncomfortable doing. If you feel pulls, strains then you should stop. Your body needs to recover. It's not up to you. Your body will let you know.

Walking is usually helpful. Modify your activities. Try not to lift. When I did laundry early on, I would grab a few pieces of laundry, walk to the washer, then another trip w a few more & so on. That way, I wasnt lifting. It may be early for you to sweep or vacuum. I had to put blinders on for a while to avoid seeing things at the house.The house will still be there. It will wait for you. Thats a good idea to bring your husband w you to Dr appt-as the other Sisters have stated..Theres a Mr Histers section on this site too..

Feel better, It does get better. ⚘⚘
Sorry, I've only just seen your response. Yes, it's very cold - it's the middle of winter here (Australia) and we live near the snow. I'm still having recovery issues but I'm better than I was.
Unread 08-25-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith Hope Joy View Post
Sorry, I've only just seen your response. Yes, it's very cold - it's the middle of winter here (Australia) and we live near the snow. I'm still having recovery issues but I'm better than I was.
Keep your Dr informed of your symptoms. Sometimes, due to the work performed, things may take longer to heal. Keep your spirits up. Im hoping you feel better real soon.

Its been a scorcher here this summer. I dont have a problem sending you some of this heat. 🌅🏖

((Hug))
Unread 08-25-2016, 10:01 AM

I am 10 weeks as well and I am about to call my dr to see if I can stop in for a quick check. I have some new pains this week that I am worried about and it is so frustrating. For the first time since surgery, I did some yoga on Monday. My body is still sore from it!! I am having a really hard time not beating myself up over this so I understand how you feel. It's so silly because I read your post and I think "of course it's ok to not be 100% by now, you should do what it takes to recover well! be easy on yourself!" and then I sit here and tell myself that I am a big baby and I should just be toughing it out. We're always hardest on ourselves!
Unread 08-25-2016, 12:14 PM

I concur with the other ladies, it's still very easy to overdo it. Firewood is difficult to lift when you're healthy and boy, does it use abdominal muscles! Hubs needs to understand that full healing is more like 3-4 months post-op, maybe 6 months. Good article right here, How Long Will the Pain Last?. It's not like you're slacking off totally, it's just that you're not up to pre-op activities, and you won't be for a while. Ignore his complaints if you need to. Don't load yourself down with 18kg if you only feel comfortable carrying 7kgs - make several trips. That's what I did with grocery bags for a while.

I vacuumed and mopped the floor for the first time post op just this past Saturday. Keep in mind I'm 3 months out. My back was extremely tight and sore the next two days because my body wasn't used to it. I can hoist some storage boxes at the office, but I got help with the heavier ones. I just wasn't going to go there, yanno ?

Continue to rest as needed.
Unread 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex319 View Post
I am 10 weeks as well and I am about to call my dr to see if I can stop in for a quick check. I have some new pains this week that I am worried about and it is so frustrating. For the first time since surgery, I did some yoga on Monday. My body is still sore from it!! I am having a really hard time not beating myself up over this so I understand how you feel. It's so silly because I read your post and I think "of course it's ok to not be 100% by now, you should do what it takes to recover well! be easy on yourself!" and then I sit here and tell myself that I am a big baby and I should just be toughing it out. We're always hardest on ourselves!
Hi Bex319, This recovery can be confusing. Were not sure how much rest, how much exercising.. Many of us have over done it &/or had set backs. (Thats me!) Well, you said it yourself, You did yoga & now you have some new pains... Your body needs rest right now. If you can take ibrophrophen as its a pain reliever & antinflammatory. In reality, the body needs more than 6-8 weeks that were told to recover. Any activity, we need to slowly do. Yoga, although the moves appear slow, it takes a lot to do. Rest, then when you feel better start w walking. When you can resume other exercises, try restorative yoga for pre & post natal.

I hope you feel better!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register