2 weeks - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-27-2006, 12:32 AM
2 weeks

Hi, I am two weeks out from a TAH, ovaries, tubes, some cervix gone. BM's are painful. I can feel it moving down my intestine. I did have some light bleeding this morning, after a BM, which scared me so I stayed off my feet most of the day. I do have lots of gas and still have the swelly belly. I am extremely bored. I'm going stir crazy. I'm use to a lot of moving. I have this urge to stretch my body and have to stop it. I'm afraid that I will rip an incision. Coughing and sneezing has gotten better. I no longer have pain when I do either of these. My days and nights are mixed up. I'm up during the night and sleep most of the day. ammie5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 12:43 AM
2 weeks

Ammie5,
it's only been 2 weeks and what you had takes longer to heal than what I had (LAVH has only little 1/2inch incisions) so take it easy! I only got better in the last week and I'm now 25days post op (?) and suddenly feel really good and can window-shop (with a few rest-stops) for 2-3 hrs!
Hang in there! Stay off the gassy food and have heaps of fruit and veg. Lemon water in the morning help my BM get going!
Unread 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM
2 weeks

ammie5, Hi, I had my uterus, tubes, one ovary and my cervix removed on June 7. I really didn't have much pain after this surgery. I have a hard time remembering to take it easy. I did have pain when I urinated or had a BM. I had a colon resection in Feb., and just thought this was all connected. Are you eating enough fiber. Its inportant to move around to keep your intestines moving. This will help with the gas too. I saw a urologist last week, he said the pain was due to the surgery and it would go away. It is going away, the Dr. said give it two weeks. I have the urge to stretch also, it occurs mostly at night. I have tired to stop it, but I wake up doing it. I have trouble sleeping because of hot flashes which started two weeks before the surgery. I'm trying an herbal combination. We'll see how things are with this in a month. If this doesn't work I'm going to have to do something different, I need some sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-27-2006, 10:56 AM
2 weeks

21 days post-op and going! It's been 21 days since my surgery on June 6, 2006. My incision itches, my open wound(the section they had to open to drain, during the infection) is still about the size of a small plum 2x3 and still about 2 inches deep. It doesn't hurt, it's sore after they clean it...and it feels akward but no pain. I'm still get a 's visit to clean the wound every day.
It's okay but I have to hang around the house til they come. OH! that's what i'm suppose to do anyway. I miss doing lots of things...it's summer, i'm off work because i teach...summer is my vacation time anyway...and i want to clean, paint, move stuff around, etc., etc, and it's not possible. Oh well, I'm gonna delegate, I GUESS! Blessings to all! Hang in there! We're over the biggest hump, the actual surgery!

Texas Rosie
Unread 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
2 weeks

Glad to hear your doing well Texasrose, your right the surgery is behind us and that is the hardest part. I too still have a small area in my incision that is open due to infection and drainage but it has gotten so small now that I have been trusted to change the bandage and clean it so dont have to wait for nurses. I do get tired after doing small tasks but at least I am up doing something, I rest when I need to. This was so much more than I pictured it being but being 26 days out I am feeling I am on the upswing.
Unread 06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
2 weeks

HEY Pamyjean!!

i am scheduled to have the SAME thing you did. hyster (uterus and cervix gone- keep ovaries) and have a bladder suspension. I have IC too. sooo how was it? i am really scared. going in for surgery on July 8th. was is a vaginal or abdominal?? how were your hormones afterwards?? I had a scope 3 months ago and they just looked and my hormones were all messed up from that!!

i appreciate ANY advice and any words of encouragement from you!

thanks
Michele
Unread 06-29-2006, 01:25 PM
2 weeks

my surgery was on the june 21 and i get so tried real quick that i know what u have been going though ... i need to take a nap and i do that .... right after that shower and walking around .... so i rest and rest to this day ....sweet50
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
2 weeks

I am with grumpybear, at 20 days today, i feel like i am going 5 steps backwards and the occassional forwards. Sore to touch, sneezing and coughing are just the pits, had the flu since i came home, no sleep, sweely belly aches, back aches.....too sore even for underwear to touch me and thats not good for the swelly belly that needs support......but as we read on into weeks 3 and 4 there is light at the end of the tunnel. I hope we are all feeling better soon hugs and kisses to us alll xxx
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:29 PM
a pillow helped me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpk139
Looking for suggestions- 2 weeks post op today, total abdominal hysterectomy- cannot find a comfortable sleeping position. Any suggestions?
mpk139
I lie on my side with a square pillow corner tucked under my belly, it helps to support it and seems to lesson the pain....you put it roughly into position and roll onto it, you will have to trial just how far under to have it....hope this helps
Unread 07-08-2006, 12:28 PM
2 weeks

I am new to this site and it has been an amazing help! 11 days post op from total (everything!) abdominal hysterectomy. I still take 3-4 pain pills in a 24 hour period but I now know that is ok after reading the info on this site. We need to really take care of ourselves and realize that is a process and not an overnight fix. I will be going out tomorrow for the first time and I am a little nervous about how I will feel afterwards. I hope the heat does not make my allergic reaction rash worse. It is just starting to improve. My husband is on vacation and taking great care of me. That helps. At least I know that pain at this point is normal, I know what to expect next week, next month, etc. THANK YOU sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register