Worried about pets & post-op sleeping arrangements - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about pets & post-op sleeping arrangements Worried about pets & post-op sleeping arrangements

Unread 10-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Worried about pets & post-op sleeping arrangements

3 Cats And 2 Labs Here~ The Labs Do Not Sleep With Us But All 3 Cats Do And On Me Of Course! I Just Bombarded Myself With Pillows And Was Fine, But Funny Thing About Cats, They Are Alot Smarter Then People Think, My Cats Could Actually Tell I Was Hurt And Not Feeling Well They Were Like Protecting Me And Knew How To Walk Around Me And Not Over Me It Was Amazing!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Worried about pets & post-op sleeping arrangements

Good, I see that I'm hardly alone in worrying about my furry friends. Sounds as if the answer is LOTS of pillows--or maybe a bed tray or stool with legs, as Kiwigal suggested.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the cats will NOT walk over my stomach. The dog, when she sneaks into bed in the middle of the night, is usually pretty subtle. We never know she's there until morning when we wake up to see her face on one of our pillows.

I expect that all four animals will help keep me company during recovery.... and that's a comforting thought right there. They're all 'middle aged' by now, so I guess they'll be relatively calm.

As for the bed question--high or low--I'm still undecided. If I take the low bed, that means I'll have to set up a bed in the family room for my mother (who's coming to ride herd on everyone).

Spasmo, that is one cute--and patient--hound you've got there. And Knit1Purl2, we've also got a tortie who's best buddies with our energetic dog. Torties are such characters--ours is currently chasing a shadow around the house. Thundering paws.

Janice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register