Need prayers - I'm going to drive myself nuts! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need prayers - I'm going to drive myself nuts! Need prayers - I'm going to drive myself nuts!

Unread 11-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Need prayers - I'm going to drive myself nuts!

Hello to all of you!! I am nearing my date (11-10-03), and I am so nervous - not necessarily about the surgery, but about my home, kids, DH and most importantly....MONEY!!
I worked my last day today (for 4 to 6 weeks), and my last paycheck was yesterday!! We will have DH's check, but where we live, the pay is VERY POOR. I just need prayers that we will be ok financially for the next month or so.
I am also worried that my 4 yr old DS will be traumatized. I have tried to tell him that mommy is going to the castle to be crowned so I don't hurt anymore, but I get the typical 4 yr old blank stare. My 15 yr old DD is asking questions (and I am answering honestly), so she isn't as nervous/concerned. I told her that she will have to take on the Queenly duties while I'm down. That made her happy!
Has anyone else worried about the little things that I am worried about? I guess I just need to know that God will provide and not let us fall flat on our faces during this time.

I am keeping all of the L-I-W in my prayers for a speedy recovery!
God Bless and love,
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2003, 01:16 PM

Michelle,
I understand the uncertaintly financially. Being off w/out pay for recovery time is tough.....especially this time of year!!! I am ing that God sustain your family and ease the fears you have!!! As far as the kids, I definately understand that one!!! I have twins that are 4 yrs. old, and a 7 yr. old. I talked pretty honestly with my 7 yr. old and she seemed less concerned! My twins seem to be holding up real well. I am 5 weeks post-op now. They knew mommies tummy would hurt and they would have to be careful around me and REALLY have to be good kids for me while we are home alone!!!! They have been. Not to say it hasn't been stressful, it has, but no major incidents!!!!! Everyone here is just ready to have mom back to normal...no one more ready than me!!! Thankfully you have an older child that will be able to help you more!!! That would be a GREAT help!!! I actually considered hiring a teen to come to my house after school to help me get the lil' ones down and help me some, but this was VolleyBall Season and all the ones I know/trust were involved!!!!

I that you have a wonderful castle visit and recovery!!!
Ronda
Unread 11-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Ohh yes!

Just read your post, man oh man do I have worries, and my kids are 20 and 23! haha! I am expecting my first grand child in Jan so that is why I am doing it now, so that I can pick up the grand child when she comes. I'm sure my kids will help out and thank god you have a 15 year old that kinda understands and can help out! I know that this is just as scarry but perhaps you can call your local church and see about assistance and places that might dontate stuff for thanksgiving dinner, every little bit helps! My mom is going to come that week and cook dinner for us, since that will be only a week after my surgery! My daughter has never cooked anything! So call around and see what kind of assistance you can get, that might help calm you down a bit. I also made plans to do some work from home while I am off so I will have a little extra money for Christmas. But yes mainly just be comfortable knowing that you will all be alright!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2003, 01:29 PM

Hi Michelle, I understand your concern. I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago and have a 5 and 7 year old at home. I didn't go into detail with them about the surgery, only the dr. was going to take mom's cramps away and help me get better. Do you also have family and/or friends that can help you out for a couple of weeks? I did and that really made a big difference. I also still have people from our church bringing meals and that has been so nice. I'm sure your older daughter and husband can help, but will she be in school during the day? If you have help available, don't be afraid to take it. My kids have really been okay with the surgery--especially after I told them who else I knew had it done and they could see they were fine. I'll say a prayer for you, remember "He can meet all our needs" Phil.4:19
Unread 11-08-2003, 01:59 PM
Thank you!

I needed to read your posts! I am now crying - I've been doing that for the last 2 days - crying one minute and laughing like crazy the next! My mom lives about 10 miles away, so she will be able to help out around the house while my 15 yr old is in school. My DH is taking all of next week off, so that isn't a problem. I also have great neighbors and friends that can come "babysit" me for a few hours a day! I am just trying to figure out a nice way to ask them to leave their kids at home - I don't think I'll be up to listening/watching other kids run around my house! LOL
Thanks again!
I don't know what I'd do without this site and all of you WONDERFUL women!!
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register