Low blood pressure problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Low blood pressure problems Low blood pressure problems

Unread 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Low blood pressure problems

I was wondering if any one else is having a problem with low blood pressure since surgery.
I had my BP taken today and it was down to 70/40 The nurse retook it and it was the same .
Last week it was 100/60.
I put a call into my surgeon who was on vacation so her nurse told me to call my PCP. I see him in the morning.
I'm not taking any heavy pain meds just Motrin as needed.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM

My blood pressure got low after the op. I got it taken one day and it was 80/56. I was surprised because it is normally about 105/65. I was having migraines every other day and I was wondering if it could be my blood pressure. Anyway, I took it for the next few days and it was very low each day, 80/52 etc. and then the migraines stopped after 10 days and I felt better so stopped getting my blood pressure taken. I did feel a bit light-headed for weeks.
Unread 04-09-2007, 07:49 PM

Hi uktrifle,

I'm so glad you'll be seeing your doctor tomorrow. This type of low blood pressure must be treated by your doctor - if you're feeling dizzy or lightheaded at all it would be great if you didn't have to drive yourself tomorrow.

I regularly suffer from low blood pressure and have learned over the years that my doc is by far my best bet to help with this problem.

Again - great job on getting in to the doc so quickly! Will you let us know what you find out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Well I got to see my PCP this morning.
They took my BP laying down followed with me standing up plus my pulse and oxygen levels. They did it with each arm.
My pulse would jump an extra 20 beats per min when I was standing to over 108. My bp's were low for me but not as low as yesterday.
He has ordered a bunch of blood work and has told me he thinks its due to my blood volume being too low so when he gets the results back this week he said I may need to go into the hospital and get an IV of fluids.
Its nice to be getting this sorted out.
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:47 AM

Hi, i always have low blood pressure. After my surgery Iwas told it got realy low in the hospital, but nothing was done for it as far as I know. Anyway I seem to be used to it and take an extra cup of coffee if I feel dizzy.
Unread 04-10-2007, 03:42 PM

SUNCE,
I hope this isn't too much of a dumb question but how does coffee help if your dizzy?
Unread 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM

My BP was low (for me) when I went in to have my staples removed - it was 100/60, normal is 124/80. Nurse said not to worry, since it wasn't that far from my normal, but that a protein snack might help. Ate some pistachios, and that did seem to help. Maybe you could up your protein while you are waiting for test results?
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:36 AM

I don't know, extra cup of coffee works for me. Maybe it is just some extra fluids that help raise BP.
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Yeah my bp was extremely low after surgery at 80/44. They were in and checking it like every 20 min or so. I had lost a lot of blood during surgery and thought that was probably the cause of the low bp. Then last month at my ER visit it was 84/50. The nurse there rechecked it twice and said.."wow you have a really low bp". I guess I don't know a lot about bp as far as what is low, high or normal. I only know that I have been told on several occassions that mine was low. I know that high is bad but what about low?????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register